Trainer/Adjunct - Business & Industry Electro-Mechanical
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region Western and is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all co-workers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn, dedicated to serving students, and committed to the principles of equity and social justice. Western believes that serving the full breadth of our student and co-worker populations requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. We recognize the intersectional nature of discrimination and are committed to counteracting these biases and eliminating the effects they have had on our students, co-workers, and communities. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching, learning, social justice and equity, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: A Business & Industry trainer collaborates with the college and local industry to develop and deliver customized training for employees in a particular field. Western Technical College works with business throughout our district to provide high-quality training services designed to enhance employee skills and productivity. Trainings are held either at one of Western's campuses, or at the company's location. Business and Industry training assignments offer a great deal of flexibility.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student
Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect.
2. Complete all required College training while being responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
3. Training - Supporting Actions May Include:
- Provide First Choice Service while developing the incumbent workforce served by Western Technical College
- Collaborate with the college and business to develop customized non-credit training for employees in the skills area of Electro-Mechanical
- Work in partnership with the employer and Western Business & Industry staff to develop functional training materials in a professional format
- Provide lecture and hands on training designed to enhance employee skills and productivity
- Collaborate with Western Business & industry staff to determine dates and times of training sessions.
Minimum Education and Occupational Requirements:
- Technical Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Technology plus 4.5 years (9,000 hrs) directly related occupational experience OR
- 7 yrs (14,000 hrs) verifiable occupational experience in Electro-Mechanical
- Experience with employee training and development preferred
This position reports to: Director - Business & Industry
Applicant review will begin: February 8, 2021
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.