Trainer - Welding BIS/Trane Company
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
Summary of position: Train, test and record the qualifications of welder’s and controlling the Welder Index. This position works to promote social justice within the division and the larger academic institution.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
3. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western’s culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
4. Coordinate welding manufacturing technology and training - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Schedule welder’s for training
- Administer proficiency required for welder training and welder test
- Update inactive welder qualifications • Control and issue the Welder Index
- Disseminate Welder Index sheet “Welder Index Addition List” to Factory Managers
- Review the welding procedure specifications (WPS) listed on Form A995 and determine if pre-requisite WPS’ and special training subjects, if changes are identified modify practices to meet compliance
- Conduct specialized training topics (i.e. safety)
- Monitor, advise and disseminate American Welding Society Welder qualifications
- Review with the welder each welding procedure specification and welder’s performance qualifications involved for each test (WPQT)
- Maintain required records, advise results, and identify additional necessary training
- Collect and maintain student records which include registration, attendance and assessment
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 7 years (14,000 hours) verifiable occupational experience in welding and brazing OR
- Technical Diploma in Welding with Associate's degree in another discipline and 4.5 years (9,000 hours) verifiable occupational experience in welding and brazing OR
- Associate Degree in Welding and 3.5 years (7,000 hours) verifiable occupational experience in welding and brazing OR
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years (4,000 hours) occupational experience in welding and brazing
- Qualified to obtain or already has American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (CWI). Must obtain within 6 months.
Special Instructions/About Western
This position reports to: Director - Business & Industry Services
Starting annual salary range based on education and experience: $54,216 - $70,481
This position would include competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS, Employee Wellness and more.
Applicant review will begin: February 1, 2021
Start Date of: March 2021
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.