Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position:
Coordinates the College’s procurement process, determine method of procurement, maintain procurement records, prepare and process bid requests and requests for proposals (RFPs), and process purchase orders. Coordinate all purchasing card activities and provide support for other positions in the Business Office.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect.
2. Perform office functions which may include, but are not limited to: respond to internal/external customers and staff; compile data, create, modify, proofread and edit documents, records, and reports using College standard software; maintain hard copy and/or electronic filing system; monitor inventory and budget information; schedule, coordinate, and prepare materials for meetings and/or appointments.
3. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
4. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
5. Procurement Administration - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Responsible for procuring goods and services for the College in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and analyze competitive sealed bids and requests for proposals (RFPs) and make recommendations for award.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of evaluation committees for RFPs.
- Review all requisitions and confer with departments regarding vendor selection, specification, quantity, quality and delivery to ensure best value.
- Negotiate with vendors/contractors regarding price, specifications, scope of work, terms to obtain the best value for the College.
- Perform contract administration duties including liaison between vendors and departments, compliance with contract terms and conditions, and contract extensions/terminations.
- Analyze current procurement activities and recommend improvements through more efficient procurement methods, quantity discounts, standardization, value analysis or cooperative purchasing.
- Maintain the integrity of the public procurement process.
- Work collaboratively with the WTCS Purchasing Consortium in coordinating volume purchasing endeavors and analyze spending by commodity and vendor to determine where cost savings can be generated.
- Create and maintain vendor records including updated W-9s and ACH/EFT approval documentation.
- Coordinate District-wide purchasing card program, approve purchasing card recipients and monitor compliance with purchasing card rules.
- Review and approve new purchasing card requests
- Monitor compliance with purchasing card rules
- Annually analyze and recommend changes to threshold limits
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Associate Degree in Business, Finance or closely related field OR
- Education combined with appropriate occupational experience in related field totaling 3.5 yrs. (7,000 hrs.) OR
- Occupational experience in related field totaling 3.5 yrs. (7,000 hrs.)
- 2 years preferred in related field
- Experience in public procurement is preferred
This position reports to: Manager - Purchasing & Accounts Payable Manager
Starting annual salary range based on education and experience: $20.41 - $25.52
This position would include competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS and more.
Applicant review will begin: February 1, 2021
Start Date of: March/April 2021
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator