Administrative Support Associate (Journey)
002840Position Classification Title:
Administrative Support AssociateFunctional Title:
Administrative Support Associate (Journey)Position Type:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Department of Kinesiology is an academic unit within the School of Health and Human Sciences. The department has 33 faculty members, 800 undergraduate students, and 200 graduate students. The department offers courses for all University students and has programs of study at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral level in the sub-disciplines of sports medicine, fitness leadership, and physical education and health teacher education (undergraduate), applied neuromechanics, athletic training, exercise physiology, pedagogical kinesiology, motor development, and sport and exercise psychology (graduate). The mission of the Department of Kinesiology is “Through excellence in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, service and community engagement, the Department of Kinesiology integrates the multi-disciplinary study and application of life-long physical activity to enhance health and well-being of people in diverse contexts.”Position Summary:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the undergraduate programs in the Department of Kinesiology (40%), which includes providing administrative support to the director of undergraduate studies, assisting faculty with obtaining and verifying student information, maintaining student files, running student reports, and managing and maintaining information resources Department website, social media platforms, etc. A second priority of this position is to provide customer service and support to department undergraduate students (30%). Finally, the position will provide general administrative support to the department chair and faculty (15%) and assist the office manager with duties that include, but not limited to, inventory, processing of purchase and reimbursement requests and management of select accounts as assigned (15%).Minimum Qualifications:
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in Higher EducationAlternate Option:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment Range:
Kinesiology - 13003Work Hours of Position:
8 A.M - 5 P.M., M-FNumber of Months per Year:
Administrative & ManagerialCareer Banded Title:
Administrative Support AssociateOpen Date:
Non-ExemptSalary Grade Equivalency:
Provide Administrative Support to the KIN Undergraduate Program.Essential Tasks:
1) Provide administrative support to the Director of Undergraduate Studies, which includes but not limited to: Assist in providing and updating student information (e.g., concentrations, advisors); record minutes and follow up on action items for KIN Undergraduate Studies Committee; assist with semester advising sessions; assist with entry and maintenance of KIN semester course schedule; collect, analyze and input undergraduate student information into student learning assessment database. Other special projects as assigned by the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
2) Assist faculty with student information needed for promotional and informational events such as SOAR, ARA, Destination UNCG, etc.
3) Maintain student files (current, graduates, and inactive) and other student documents; collect and organize course selection forms for student files.
4) Run student reports from various sources and sort data according to faculty and staff needs.
5) Serve as an information resource to departmental faculty, staff, and students on undergraduate forms, policies and procedures, e.g. change in major, course sequence sheets, add/drop forms, independent study forms, etc.
6) Manage and maintain department informational and marketing resources such as the KIN website and social media platforms.Key Responsibility:
Provide Customer Service and Support to KIN Undergraduates Students.Essential Tasks:
1) Serve as an information resource to prospective students and current students.
2) Access student information using UNCG supported databases and systems.
3) Develop, revise and update departmental undergraduate forms and degree brochures as needed.
4) Create and maintain student files in various hardcopy and virtual formats.
5) Assist with commencement ceremony which includes, but not limited to,
a. Organize and check for accuracy list of graduates
b. Proof printed program
c. Recruit and coordinate student marshals
d. Plan and organize event details (flowers, music, refreshments, rehearsals)
e. Assist on day of the event
6) Provide weekly communication to students on upcoming events, deadlines, timelines and other matters relevant to UG students.
7) Maintain KIN Student Support Fund.Key Responsibility:
Provide General Administrative Support to the KIN Department and Faculty.Essential Tasks:
1) Assist with maintaining and updating departmental calendars and schedule semester classes on appropriate calendars.
2) Assign and maintain KIN faculty, adjunct faculty and student instructor mailboxes in UG office suite.
3) Provide faculty administrative and clerical support as requested.
4) Access class rosters using UNCG supported databases and systems and distribute as needed.
5) Provide access to faculty and students to teaching/research areas and equipment as needed.
6) Effectively communicate with the Office Manager regarding processing of requests and workload.
7) Assist with faculty searches, assisting with advertising, sending communications scheduling meetings, assisting with search committee tasks, and setting up candidate itineraries.
8) Assist with coordination of departmental meetings and events as assigned.Key Responsibility:
Assist with Departmental Expenditures and Other Administrative Support as Assigned.Essential Tasks:
1) Maintain office supplies in the undergraduate office suite.
2) Assist Office Manager with other purchasing requests, order processing, reimbursements when requested.
3) Assist Office Manager with administrative support tasks when requested.
4) Assist with reconciling pcard transactions.
5) Effectively communicate workload with Office Manager.Competency:
Program KnowledgeCompetency Description:
Understands programs and services to apply this knowledge in problem solving and responding to most questions and inquiries. Uses program knowledge to interface with other offices and organizations.Competency Level:
Communication - WrittenCompetency Description:
Composes written communication with guidance using standard formats. Applies knowledge of programs, policies and procedures to interpret and communicate information to meet specific needs of staff and clients. Demonstrates the ability to work with confidential and sensitive information. Composes correspondence involving program or operational procedures independently from general instructions or brief summaries.Competency Level:
Communication - VerbalCompetency Description:
Responds to questions/issues that deviate from standard operating procedures by determining and consulting appropriate resources such as policies, manuals or other staff. Responds to requests for program and procedural information. Contacts service recipients, vendors, or clients to provide or obtain information. Schedules and coordinates appointments, meetings and eventsCompetency Level:
Office TechnologyCompetency Description:
Selects, understands and fully applies features of a variety of software programs, machines or
office equipment that will produce the desired results.
Problem SolvingCompetency Description:
Assesses and may resolve unprecedented problems that require research and review of policy and procedures. Applies judgment for problem resolutions based on delegated authority from supervisor.Competency Level:
Work CoordinationCompetency Description:
Coordinates tasks and establishes priorities in response to workflow of the office or work unit.Competency Level:
Acquire and apply knowledge of policies, procedures, and campus resources in order to complete budget forms. Monitors and reconciles departmental or program budget and tracks travel and office expenditures.Competency Level:
Information/Records AdministrationCompetency Description:
Records, compiles and summarizes data using established format. Compiles and organizes information from different sources to develop reports and data.Competency Level:
Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions - F, Hand Movement-Grasping - F, Finger Dexterity - F, Reading - F, Writing - F, Eye-hand coordination - F, Hearing - C, Talking - F, Standing - O, Sitting - F, Walking - O, Lifting-0-30 lbs. - OWork Environment:
Inside - F, Outside - O