IT Support Specialist, Associate
DescriptionPutting technology to work at Georgia State University. Are you passionate about technology, your clients’ success, and looking to make a difference? Ranked the #2 Most Innovative National University by US News and World Report, Georgia State is a leading force in the digital transformation of higher education. Georgia State's central technology services group, Instructional Innovation and Technology (IIT), seeks to inspire, support, and enable innovative solutions to advance learning, research and economic enterprise. IIT is leading the pursuit to find solutions to the unique challenges associated with information technology and serve as leaders in a global network of knowledge creation and sharing by earning the role of valued partners and trusted advisors for evolving technology solutions, discovering, creating and implementing new models of higher education for a community of diverse learners, creating and supporting innovative solutions that improve the lives of our students, our city and our state, attracting, developing and retaining talented and capable professionals and fostering an innovative culture of leaders where collaboration, ownership, creativity and efficiency are key.
Georgia State University’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL - cetl.gsu.edu) is looking for two full-time skilled, and diverse IT Support Specialist, Associates. This position will assist in the maintenance and operations of the Technology Labs and other resources at the Clarkston and Dunwoody campus along with some operational duties.
The scope of responsibilities for this position will include these essential duties but is not limited to the following,
- Report status of technology issues through various tools such as Numara, Classroom Status Board, R&R, and other communication tools. Support resolution of Help Tickets for technology requests or incident reports.
- Procurement and maintenance of products, supplies and inventory lists, including maintaining PCard transactions/logs for preparation of tech fee proposals and other funding sources.
- Provide equipment demonstrations of devices and services including tours of IT/AV enabled spaces. Maintain customer and vendor relationships.
- Direct student and temporary employee support of IT/AV enabled spaces.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Some moderate to heavy lifting may be required. Flexible evening hours may be required. Occasional travel to satellite campus.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and one year of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit01/19/21, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Instructional Innovation & Technology
Location: Clarkston Campus
Job Posting: 01/08/21, 9:13:20 AM