Academic Advisor 1
Search #: 494959
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
The College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources (CAHNR) Office of Academic Programs (OAP) seeks a full-time, professional staff Academic Advisor (Academic Advisor 1). OAP seeks a highly motivated, independent and team-oriented individual who can support students, faculty, and our academic partners with creative ideas. Candidates should possess outstanding interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude. The position entails advising undergraduate students and assisting faculty advisors with complex advising of University rules and regulation concerns, assisting with activities and events coordinated by the Office of Academic Programs, and developing/implementing special programs as needed. The incumbent is expected to work both flexibly and collegially with a dynamic team of professional advising and administrative staff, as well as with faculty and students across the College and the University. It is also an expectation that the incumbent advance CAHNR’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of their work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as resource for students, faculty, parents, and others regarding programs and academic policies
- Advise students, and support faculty advisors regarding coursework and graduation requirements, policies and procedures, dismissals, and guidance to students with academic difficulties.
- Develop and participate in student recruitment and retention activities including the admissions process for Ratcliffe Hicks School of Agriculture (RHSA)
- Assist in planning, implementing, scheduling, and registration activities
- Assist colleagues in composing and maintaining the Office’s websites, social media and other communications materials
- Provide leadership and teaching for special programs, such as the CAHNR Ambassador Program and First Year Experience for students in RHSA
- Perform other related duties and special assignments as required
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. For information on the College, please visit our website at www.grow.uconn.edu.
Please apply online at http://hr.uconn.edu/jobs/, Staff Positions, Search #494968 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Indicate search number on all correspondence.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 29, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jan 08 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 29 2021 Eastern Standard Time