PG190749EPInternal Recruitment :
Evaluation SpecialistAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experience ($60,000 - $70,000)Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday 8am-5pmJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Integrated Pest Management-ResearchAbout the Department:
The NSF Center for Integrated Pest Management (CIPM) develops new strategies, analytics and decision support systems to advance IPM and plant biosecurity. We serve and partner with government, industry, and university stakeholders locally, nationally, and internationally. This role will support a program within CIPM, the SIPMC, that supports IPM facilitation and adoption across the South.Essential Job Duties:
This position will serve as the Evaluation Specialist for the Southern Integrated Pest Management Center (SIPMC). Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical advice for and implementation of evaluation aspects of the SIPMC and the North Carolina Extension IPM (NCEIP) programs including program planning, proposal development, implementation evaluation and impact reporting.
- Helping to identify opportunities to evaluate the SIPMC and NCEIP programs through data accumulation and coordination data analysis, and report preparation to address evaluation of economic, environmental, and social impacts.
- Assist in advising regional IPM faculty and stakeholders about evaluation methods and how best to communicate these impacts.
- Provide leadership and expertise within SIPMC and NCEIP and, when appropriate, training and facilitation to stakeholders on development and implementation surveys and other evaluation tools.
- This person must be willing and able to undertake travel including several multi-day trips each year.
- This person must be able to provide expertise in both survey design and dealing with human research issues.
- A Ph.D. in agricultural economics, environmental science or closely related discipline with focus in impact measurement and impact evaluation.
- Strong experience and/or academic background in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and related disciplines such as Entomology, Plant Pathology, Nematology or Weed Science.
- Superior organization skills, and writing ability.
- Preference given to those candidates with a Ph.D. and an additional 4 years of applicable work experience.
- Experience as an evaluation specialist is preferred.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
01/08/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include as attachments a resume/CV, cover letter, and contact information for at least 3 professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Medical EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
113810 - Integrated Pest Mgmt-ResearchAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.