PG190716EPInternal Recruitment :
Research AssistantAnticipated Hiring Range:
34 hours per weekJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Dept of Clinical SciencesAbout the Department:
The mission of the Department of Clinical Sciences: We are dedicated to excellence in educating and training veterinarians and comparative biomedical scientists, furthering health care and wellness through discovery and clinical research, providing outstanding and compassionate medical care to a diverse range of animal patients, effectively engaging animal-owning public, government and industry partners, and providing leadership in integrating biomedical sciences to advance One Health.
The college is committed to practicing inclusivity, making community a priority and promoting innovation. We embrace effective leadership and we champion personal and professional growth.Essential Job Duties:
- The position will be required to perform PARR (PCR for antigen receptor rearrangement) analysis of both in-house and referral lymphoma samples in the Clinical PARR laboratory at the CVM.
- The position will use a variety of techniques, including DNA and RNA isolation from a variety of sample types (cells in media, cytologic slides, formalin-fixed tissues), genomic PCR, PAGE gel electrophoresis, and gel imaging.
- The position will also keep detailed records including DNA/RNA storage logs, origins of sample submissions, type of sample submitted, DNA/RNA concentrations and purity, and PARR results. The position is also responsible for maintaining the laboratory safety plan, training new staff and students in laboratory safety and technical procedures, ordering of supplies (this includes negotiating with vendors) and liaising with both CVM and referral veterinary practitioners across the USA.
- Position oversees most Oncology Resident research projects and helps them learn the assays needed for those projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Master’s in MicrobiologyOther Required Qualifications:
N/ARequired License(s) or Certification(s):
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
12/10/2020Anticipated Close Date:
This posting will close at the end of the day on Friday, January 15th (EST).Special Instructions to Applicants:
In addition to a fully completed application please submit the contact information for at least 3 professional references. You may also submit an optional cover letter and resume.
If you upload a resume, please make sure that the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
0.5 to 0.85Appointment:
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Medical EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
195001 - Dept of Clinical SciencesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.