Administrative Support Specialist
Administrative Support SpecialistAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with Experience ($40,213 - $46,883)Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday - 8am-5pmJob Location:
Raleigh, North CarolinaDepartment:
BiochemistryAbout the Department:
The Department of Molecular and Structural Biochemistry at NC State University offers degree programs at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral levels, in addition to a combined Bachelor’s and Master’s program.
Innovative research programs in the undergraduate and graduate curricula prepare students for advanced studies in medical school, graduate school or other post-graduate programs or careers in biotechnology and biomedical industries, academia or government.Essential Job Duties:
- This full-time position is located at the front desk and will be the primary contact for visitors, faculty/staff, undergraduate, and graduate students. This position will answer questions regarding graduate programs/graduate school policies and procedures, build the department course schedule, process course registration, and monitor enrollment.
- This position keeps student records and creates/prepares various forms and letters for students and faculty/staff. This position is also responsible for planning, coordinating, and organizing the Department of Molecular and Structural Biochemistry Fall and Spring Graduation ceremonies.
- This position works with other members of the departmental office administrative team to assist with reconciliation of budgets and P-card accounts.
- This position works closely with the Undergraduate Coordinator and assists with advising during fall and spring student advising periods. Works as needed with the Undergraduate Academic Advisor and other members of the departmental office administrative team to do fundraising, recruitment support, and alumni outreach. The specialist will also maintain the departmental website, social media presence, and facilitate coordinated communications.
- This position will work with the Director of Graduate Programs to plan and execute the prospective graduate student recruitment weekends and the new graduate student orientation in the fall. Acts as a liaison between the Graduate School and the Department.
- This position will enter Graduate Assistantships in the NextGen system and sends monthly emails to students with updates from the University, Graduate School, and Department.
Additional duties as assigned.Minimum Experience/Education:
High School Diploma or equivalency and one year of related office experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Successful candidate should have thorough knowledge of word processing software (MS Word), spreadsheet software (Excel) or similar, Google email or other email programs and calendar programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must as well as work experience in an administrative role.
- A four-year college degree with three years work experience within an academic environment involving both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Experience with Student Information System [SIS], HTML, PeopleSoft Human Resources and PeopleSoft Financials.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
01/08/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
Applicant required documents: Resume, Contact Information for ReferencesPosition Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Administrative Support SpecialistPosition Classification Band Level:
AdvancedPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $53,083Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
118401 - BiochemistryAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.