DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Surgery | Division of Urology
Position #00780422 – Requisition #19847
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The Anschutz Medical Campus includes over 5 million square feet of research, educational and clinical space on 227 acres. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.Job Summary:
The Division of Urology in the Department of Surgery at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) faculty position at the rank of Instructor . Advanced Practice Providers conduct physical exams, diagnose and treat illnesses, order and interpret tests, counsel on preventive health care, assist in surgery, and write prescriptions. Within the physician-APP relationship, APPs exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. As outlined by the state of Colorado, APPs must practice with responsible supervision by a physician and may perform acts that constitute the practice of medicine, as delegated by the supervising physician.This is a faculty position at the rank of Instructor within the outpatient medical care services at CU Urology – South Denver. The APP will be expected to provide independent clinical services. Close collaboration with colleagues, clinic staff as necessary. Examples of Work Performed:
Duties include but are not limited to;
Salary and Benefits:
- Independent outpatient treatment of general urology patients. Conditions treated include: nephrolithiasis, female and male voiding dysfunction, hematuria, prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, chronic interstitial cystitis, and testicular pain. Responsible for new patient consultations and ongoing patient care.
- Provide coverage for acute patient problems when physicians are unavailable or out of town
- Assistance in improving work flow in physician clinics – provide another option for evaluation of pre and postoperative patients, completion of preoperative history and physicals and consents
- Telephone triage and medication management/refills
The salary range for this position has been established at $101,504 - $125,445. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Master's Degree in Nursing or a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant school.
- Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges in the state of Colorado.
- Meets and maintains the requirements of the Nursing Credential Review Board for the Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant.
- Current license to practice professional nursing or as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Demonstrated skill in outpatient surgical care
Jan 8, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University