IT Analyst Staff Specialist, Biomedical Operations
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-08
The Clinical Engineering Analyst conducts research in the realm of healthcare technology to support new and ongoing initiatives of Clinical Engineering Services; compiles and presents the results of such research in report and presentation form; conduct equipment planning activities to support renovation and new construction projects; analyzes and provides consultation on new medical and laboratory equipment needs; and analyzes medical or laboratory equipment to define corrective maintenance and to recommend appropriate preventive maintenance procedures.
- Under minimal supervision design, code, test, verify, debug, deploy, aggregate, document and maintain the semantic layer and metadata for complex cost effective reporting, dashboards, and report definitions.
- Utilize tools such as SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS, SAP Crystal Reports, Reporting Workbench, Tableau, Epic Extract Framework to build business intelligence solutions.
- Understand relational and multi-dimensional databases.
- Perform analysis of data sources, business processes and data mining to understand the nuances, integrity, completeness, and accuracy of the data.
- Adhere to specific development and departmental best practices and quality standards, including performance tuning and general query optimization, and have an understanding of schema design, indexing, and referential integrity.
- Consult with all levels of users to help them solve problems regarding the use and management of data as well as work on design, maintenance, and completion of highly visible organizational projects, creating efficient solutions.
- Troubleshooting and issue analysis
- Assist in the testing and implementing of software upgrades, enhancements and/or patches.
- Regularly provide guidance and training to less experienced analysts
- Educate customers on use of BI tools
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies that may provide deeper business intelligence
- Assist in Timekeeping, payroll and budgets, assigning work to team members in absence of manager, and running meetings.
- Subject matter expert, providing guidance to other teams
- Familiarity with the organizations workflows, regulatory requirements, and patient experiences
- Work with analytics stakeholders at all levels for the organization to identify ways to support and improve their reporting experience
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 7 years relevant experience
Licensure: Valid Virginia Driver’s License required
Job requires sitting and standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping and traveling (distance: 1 2 miles/day) and reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, fumes, blood/body fluids, infectious disease and dust.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.