HERE & NOW NOON CO-HOST, WBUR Program & Production
HERE & NOW NOON CO-HOST, WBUR Program & ProductionTracking Code0315 Job Description
WBUR, Boston’s NPR news station, is a public media organization committed to exceptional journalism and deep civic engagement — providing news, analysis and entertainment to Boston and beyond — on air, online, on demand and on stage. WBUR is the home of nationally syndicated programs Here & Now and On Point, which reach millions of listeners each week on more than 500 public radio stations across the country. WBUR’s iLab produces popular podcasts including Circle Round and Endless Thread. WBUR serves its local community with the largest public radio newsroom in the country and with CitySpace a dynamic, new venue for civic discourse and cultural experience.
Here & Now is a co-production of NPR and WBUR. Each week, nearly five million listeners rely on this midday newsmagazine for up to the minute news, fascinating conversations and captivating stories. We’re looking for a host who values high quality journalism and rich storytelling. The right candidate will join a team of journalists dedicated to covering the biggest issues and ideas of our time, with rigor, depth and originality.
- Host “Here & Now” daily (or as often as a three host schedule requires)
- Collaborate with Here & Now’s editors and producers to develop and deliver the best possible mix of distinctive journalism and textured storytelling.
- Pitch, land and shape exclusive and engrossing newsmaker interviews.
- Report in the field.
- Write and edit copy.
- Read widely, staying abreast of news, issues and ideas.
- Actively consume a range of media — from podcasts to television and movies.
- With the show leadership, help build an inclusive and collaborative team culture.
- Participate in live events.
- Participate in station fundraising activity.
- Exceptional reporting, writing and editing skills.
- Experience hosting or anchoring a broadcast or podcast.
- Strong live interviewing skills, particularly with high-profile guests and newsmakers.
- Experience covering breaking news.
- Ease and confidence working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to find and report enterprising stories.
- Narrative storytelling talent.
- Multi-platform and social media savvy.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Readiness to work with and coach junior colleagues.
- Relentless energy and a collaborative spirit.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
This position is eligible for Boston University's generous benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, tuition remission, paid time off, and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular