HR Assistant III (Sierra Vista, AZ)
College of Applied Sci & TechDepartment Website Link:
Sierra Vista, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona’s College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) is looking for a Human Resources Assistant that enjoys fast-pace, challenging work. CAST operates as a Branch Campus of the University of Arizona and is committed to preparing transfer students for success in a 21st century workforce with career ready and future focused degrees. The HR Assistant works closely with the CAST HR Manager in building a strong and diverse college team of culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to educating multicultural student population for success in the workplace. This position will help manage the day to day processes of various aspects of the HR Department in CAST. Assisting with recruitment, new employee orientation, employee training, and maintaining CAST employment files among other tasks. CAST is looking for a candidate with demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, strong organizational skills, work independently, and demonstrate independent decision making.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact ofCOVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by theArizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will benotified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programsguidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn moreabout the programs and whether this position is affected, please visithr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
TheUniversity of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-lifeprograms. For more information about working at the University of Arizona andrelocations services, please visit http://talent.arizona.edu/
- Assist CAST HR Manager with recruitment and hiring processes and procedures
- Assist CAST HR Manager with overall management of CAST HR Department
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all HR matters
- Create, check, and process HR-related forms and documents in accordance with established guidelines to that HR-related matters are administered quickly and accurately.
- Manage HR Transactions in UAccess Employee
- Manage HR Reports in UAccess Analytics
- Manage data in CAT Portal
- Manage Employee Training Records as the CAST Training Coordinator
- Manage Employee Review Process
- Manage CAST Employee Service Awards
- Maintain CAST employee files
- May investigate circumstances surrounding disciplinary actions; informs departments of procedural policy: advises if an exception to policy is warranted.
- Maintain faculty workloads in UA Vitae
- Assist Faculty Affairs Coordinator as needed
- Notify necessary departments of new hires
- Manage new hire on boarding
- Assist with updates to the CAST HR website
- Assist with CAST payroll approvals
- Responsible for ordering college business cards and name tags
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Experience reading and interpreting university policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Basic HR or Management experience Basic Payroll experience
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Human ResourcesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$16.10 - $19.16Compensation Type:
5Career Stream and Level:
HR GeneralistsJob Function:
Human ResourcesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/7/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
1/8/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
In the cover letter, please demonstrate how you are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.