Assistant, Associate or Professor and Associate Dept Head
ImmunobiologyDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Immunobiology in the College of Medicine – Tucson (COM -T) at the University of Arizona, is recruiting a tenured or tenure eligible faculty member at the Assistant, Associate or Professor rank to join 17 faculty and over 80 trainees and staff, and to assist the Department Head with administrative responsibilities as Associate Head. The Associate Head will serve a key role in the administration of the Department including serving as a liaison between Department faculty, students, staff and COM-T administration.
The Department of Immunobiology is renowned for its programs studying the host: microbe interactions and their impact upon health and diseases, autoimmune diseases and cancer immunity and immunotherapy. Candidates from fields that complement one or more of these existing strengths are particularly encouraged to apply. Teaching duties for the department reside in both the Medical School curriculum and the Graduate School curriculum.
Candidates considering relocating to Tucson, are encouraged to use free services by Above & Beyond Relocation Services (ABRS). Ask your department for information.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Diversity, equity andinclusion are the core values of the Department of Immunobiology, COM-T and UArizona,and diverse candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and invited toapply. A publication recorddemonstrating high-impact research and a strong and sustainable funding record,appropriate to the level of appointment, is required.
- Participatein the development and conduct innovative and significant research.
- Provide andmaintain an established, well-funded research program.
- Engagein leadership and innovation as Associate Department Head (~25% of time) insupport of the research, teaching and service missions of the Department of Immunobiology,including, but not limited to, faculty promotion, tenure and evaluationreviews, trainee progress assessment, curricular and educational issues and hiring.Ability and willingness to step in for the Department Head in any facet of Department Head function.
- Activerole in training undergraduate, graduate and medical students, as well aspostdoctoral fellows.
- Participatein appropriate Departmental events including seminars, retreats and meetings.
- Participate in College of Medicine events, when appropriate.
- PhDand/or MD degree in life sciences or related field.
- Significant publicationrecord.
- Highimpact research and grant funding record commensurate with appointment level.
* Ability to lead/participate in Program Project Grants* Established expertise working with diverse communities.Rank :
To be DeterminedTenure Information:
Tenure Track (T/TE)FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$180,000 - $225,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Tammie Rippberger | [email protected] | 520-626-6888Open Date:
1/8/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Two Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Along with submitting your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter; Please also include a Statement of Research Interests and a Statement of Teaching Philosophy.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.