Student Academic Specialist
Academic AdministrationDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Office for Transfer Credit and Articulation is seeking applicants for the position of International Student Academic Specialist. This position has primary focus on articulating international transfer coursework; evaluates academic international transcripts for transferability of credit; maintains comprehensive records.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides general assistance and information to students, the stakeholders, and departments; confers with potential transfer students regarding transferability of international credits and admissions information
- Communicates with students regarding transfer academic and curricular problems; interprets and explains college, department and university transfer policies; refers students to specialized counseling sources and/or to faculty or academic advisors
- Maintains up-to-date reference documents such as university catalogs, handbooks, logs, and Business Process Guides
- Assists students with completion of forms and documents and informs them of pertinent procedures and requirements
- Collaborates with students, departments, and advising units regarding problems; consults with faculty for clarification of requirements
- Routes student requests for international transfer credit evaluations to appropriate departments using workflow technology; follows up with students on equivalency decisions
- Checks and approves various forms for accuracy such as international transfer course equivalency requests and appeals for transfer credit
- Work on daily report of students needing international transfer credit evaluations
- Research international institutions for accreditation, catalog, and other relevant information'
- Provides information and statistical data for various reports as requested
- Configuration of transfer course data in PeopleSoft
- Finalize completed evaluations
- Review completed evaluations for accuracy
- Build international transfer course rules in PeopleSoft
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of university and college curriculum requirements
- Knowledge of admissions and graduation procedures.
- Knowledge and skill in office procedures
- Skill in public relations
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently, solve problems, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience experience evaluating credentials or working with academic and graduation policies
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Proficiency in the organization and prioritization of diverse work assignments
- Experience in higher education, preferably from an Arizona higher education institution
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
4Career Stream and Level:
Registration & RecordsJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
1/7/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.