Research Data Support Specialist II
PsychologyDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Brain Imaging, Behavior and Aging Lab in the Department of Psychology conducts research studies using neuroimaging techniques to understand the effects of aging and Alzheimer's disease on the brain and cognition.
The neuroimaging methods include structural and functional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), diffusion tensor imaging, MR spectroscopy, MR perfusion, and positron emission tomography (PET).
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing analyses of neuroimaging data sets, providing support and coordination for analyses performed by other lab researchers, and assisting with scan acquisition.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Perform analyses of anatomical imaging with MR morphometry, functional MRI and other types of MRI acquisition methods in human and nonhuman animal research participants.
- Assist in developing new image processing and analysis programs using Matlab and other programming routines or languages for specific applications as required. Assist in evaluating and applying image processing and analysis software programs for neuroimaging data sets.
- Provide assistance to researchers, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows in running image analysis programs and in programming applications. Also, provide documentation and support for researchers using developed image processing software.
- Assist in maintaining and supervising the use of computer workstations, data archiving, and system administration of computer networks for the lab.
- Maintain laboratory website.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
4Career Stream and Level:
Research & Data AnalysisJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
1/6/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.