Director, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
Typically Monday - Friday 8 am to 5pm
Salary Commensurate Upon Experience.
Associate Vice President, Solutions Delivery and BI
Criminal Background Check:
Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Austin Community College (ACC) is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each fall and spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriately applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community.
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching.
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities.
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for underrepresented populations.
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others.
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC.
The Austin Community College District promotes student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training in its service area.
For more information, see http://www.austincc.edu/about-acc/mission-statement.Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open-access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. The College values and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the College community. General Statement of Job
Provides leadership and project management for enterprise application implementations, operations, maintenance and compliance. In doing so, the Director of ERP Services will be charged with helping craft and execute on the strategic vision for our growing organization and managing staff towards a successful implementation of Workday and its core components (Finance, HCM, and Payroll). The Director of ERP Services will play a critical role in ensuring the ERP team is efficiently maximized, enterprise applications are operational 24/7, and that the District is supported in its strategic vision to provide exceptional results to support and sustain existing ERP operations while working to successfully transition ACC to Workday.
Description of Duties and TasksEssential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for enterprise applications oversight and management including maintenance, configuration/system setup, position control assignment, system access/permissions, troubleshooting, security, testing, vendor management, uptime, system performance, billing and planning and implementation of tasks, system upgrades and new features.
- Develops and implements strategies to reduce manual data entry, increase automation, and data interface/integration across systems working with the support of database, reporting, and integrations teams.
- Designs and implements training programs related to all enterprise applications, as well as making sure the cultural change management is in place for new processes and procedures related to the applications.
- Develops and implements operating calendar and planning and tracking mechanisms to assure timely, effective and efficient implementation.
- Identifies opportunities for increase integration and automation between enterprise applications to allow ACC to effectively and more efficiently scale.
- Meets with functional and department leaders to identify process inefficiencies and opportunities for process/application re-engineering.
- Develops department point of view on effective automation to ensure that we can support other departments and stakeholders as they seek to better leverage the reporting and automation features of our enterprise applications.
- Effectively prioritizes competing priorities to ensure we are maximizing the impact enterprise applications and the broader team can have on the organization.
- Develops trust and leverage influence of team to drive strong results.
- Develops current team competencies and skill sets to be systems thinkers and contributors to the business purpose of the ERP function.
- Ensures the ERP team receives strong evaluations of customer satisfaction and data accuracy/consistency from key stakeholders.
- Supports team members to identify opportunities for professional development, and actively develop team members.
- Serves as a key member of the IT Leadership Team.
Strong knowledge of project and program management methodologies, processes and procedures. Knowledge and understanding of the key areas that typically fall under the purview of a major ERP systems including finance, HR, payroll, and SIS. Knowledge and understanding of Student Information Systems (SIS) within an ERP system, including but not limited to Ellucian Colleague. Knowledge of instructional resource technology and terminology along with knowledge of higher-education practices, policies and procedures. Budget and resource planning knowledge and experience. Experience with risk identification, risk mitigation/contingency planning, tracking and escalation/resolution. Ability to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.SkillsMust possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Maintaining an established work schedule. Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy. Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through. Providing technical leadership for administrative systems. Effectively managing applications development projects related to administrative systems, including student systems, human resources and finance, as well as other organization-wide applications. Interfacing with executive management regarding large administrative systems upgrades. Consulting and advising departments in relation to software issues and concerns. Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands. Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Strong risk management skills. Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams.Technology Skills
Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software. Use query and control languages, programming languages, and database systems.Required Work Experience
Eight or more years of related work experience in mid-sized to large organizations of moderate to high organizational complexity. Experience with Workday Finance and HCM. Three or more years managing projects or programs related to ERP implementation. Two or more successful ERP migrations (end-to-end, completed within an acceptable timeframe and within budget). Ten or more years of business unit facing experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving. Five years' experience successfully managing complex and risky programs end-to-end. Five years' experience as an ERP manager in a similar capacity with specific end-to- end ERP administration and implementation experience. Three or more years working in a higher-education environment using or implementing a modern ERP solution.
- Human Resources
- Higher-Education Student Information Systems (SIS)
Bachelor's degree in business information systems (IS), computer science or related field, or equivalent related IT experience or certifications.Special RequirementsLicenses/Certifications; Other
Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for travel in the Austin area as required.Other Preferred Qualifications
ITIL Certification Preferred. Enterprise Resource Planning implementation experience within the context of higher education, with emphasis on Student Information Systems.Physical Requirements
Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment. Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.Safety
This is a benefit eligible position funded through January 31, 2022 and is subject to renewal. The College is unable to support candidates who require sponsorship to work in the United States.
ACC Benefits OverviewFull-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law. DisclaimerThe above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.