Assistant Professor of Health Science Professions - Athletic Training
Assistant Professor of Health Science Professions - Athletic TrainingPosition Number:
Health Science ProfessionsSalary:
$65,000 - $70,000Job Summary/Description:
The Health Science Professions Department invites applications for a nine-month tenure-track position. The successful applicant will be a doctorally prepared person in athletic training or a related field. This faculty position will teach in the new Entry-Level Masters Athletic Training Program as well as the Health Science Professions program. Angelo State University (www.angelo.edu) is a regional state university and part of the Texas Tech University system. The university serves approximately 10,000 students on a diverse campus located in San Angelo, Texas. The Health Science Professions program is seeking a dedicated member to join our diverse faculty as we expand and grow.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
Job duties include providing didactic instruction to the students in the Entry-Level Masters Athletic Training Program as well as to the undergraduate Health Science Professions students including Anatomy and Physiology. Typical duties include preparation of course syllabi and materials and the assignment of grades. Additional faculty responsibilities include recruiting and advising students, committee participation, course and program assessment, and research.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The successful applicant will possess:
1. Experience teaching athletic training courses, anatomy and physiology, and other health science courses.
2. Knowledge of and experience with higher education principles, practices, and procedures.
3. Proven, strong written and verbal communication and collaborative organizational skills.
4. Knowledge and experience with technology sufficient to teach assigned courses.
5. Ability to collaboratively participate in the development of course and program curriculum, prepare course materials and effectively deliver didactic presentations.
6. A desire to develop innovative learning experiences.
7. Commitment to the promotion and provision of learner-centered education.
8. Dedicated to excellence in teaching, with a strong commitment to high professional standards.
1. A doctoral degree is required in athletic training or a related field is required.
2. BOC certification in good standing and eligible for Texas State Licensure.
3. Three years of clinical athletic training practice/experience.
4. Previous academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level.
1. Experience supervising certified athletic trainers in teaching and/or clinical practice.
2. Demonstrated record of leadership within an accredited program and the ability to work effectively with students, staff and faculty.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
01/08/2021Desired Start Date:
08/23/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please know if you are chosen for an interview by the Search Committee, you will be required to submit THREE letters of Reference for review PRIOR to your interview.