Department:: Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship
Locations:: Springfield, MA
Posted:: Jan 8, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-time Non-Exempt
Ref. No.:: 2735
Position ID:: 127442
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
The Instructional Technologist works within the Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship and provides technological support to faculty teaching online, blended, and traditional courses. In collaborating with the director, the instructional designer, and faculty, the Instructional Technologist will work to develop active, collaborative learning experiences for students with the goal of improved learner outcomes, retention, and satisfaction. The position requires a solid working knowledge of the college's learning management system, Blackboard, and experience with instructional design processes and principles.
Determine the technical needs of the client and effectively communicate those needs to the eLearning and information technology staff.
Research and implement appropriate new technologies. Evaluate emerging technologies and instructional delivery methods for possible inclusion in the curriculum. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information.
Support and lead, where appropriate and qualified, trainings for faculty and staff on technology and best practices of eLearning tools and platforms. Create guides and tutorials for faculty and student audiences related to online and hybrid learning.
Other duties as assigned
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree in from an accredited college or university
Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree in Instructional or Educational Technology, Education or related field from an accredited college or university
Required Field of Expertise: Two (2) years of relevant work experience as an Instructional Technologist, Instructional Developer or Instructional Designer
- Experience with proprietary learning technology solutions and learning management systems.
- Experience with computerized systems.
- Experience with post-production assignments, including video and audio editing, effects, branding and file compression.
- Experience with Online Course Quality Assurance.
- Experience with various e-learning authoring software/tools.
- Knowledge in training, staff development, and/or teaching in higher education
- Experience with Blackboard LMS
- Experience with e-portfolio, audience response, lecture capture, video streaming, and other educational technologies
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment
- Strong demonstrated organizational skills in handling, directing and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments and projects with excellent attention to detail. Ability to work independently, according to established schedules and to complete assignments and projects, as per defined timelines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This is a full-time, non-exempt level, benefit eligible position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm with one hour unpaid lunch. The hours of work are flexible to the needs of the department. Flexible schedule required for evening and weekend support during key faculty support times.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.