Sr. ETL Developer
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-09
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented work force to support our common purposed of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRRECT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the word.
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division- Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership-which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The Senior ETL & BI Developer is responsible for the design, development and implementation of software programs and processes needed to extract, transform and load data from multiple sources into target systems, database and/or tables. The Sr. ETL developer supports business system integrations, data analytics/visualization and reporting. This individual also provides technical recommendations for the architecture, analysis and visualization of the Division’s data in support of data analytics and reporting.
• Designs and develops ETL, data analytics and reporting solutions using available tooling and/or appropriate programming language(s).
• Develops, documents and executes unit testing of solutions ensuring requirements are satisfied; iterating until all test conditions have passed; coordinates user acceptance testing ensuring the work product delivered meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Develops and documents deployment plan for developed solutions, works with all stakeholders and IT management for approval, schedules and coordinates the move to production per approved deployment plan; coordinates and performs post deployment testing.
• Designs and develops business intelligence and data analytic solutions including the creation of tables, databases and data models as appropriate.
• Provides technical end user documentation for developed solutions.
• Provides level of effort estimates for assigned work efforts and/or projects.
• Monitors database resources, report/query response time and tunes as needed.
• Serves as SME within area of expertise on assigned projects and provides guidance to IT staff with less experience.
• Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the completion of nightly ETL processes; troubleshoots and resolves issues as needed to ensure timely and accurate delivery of data updates and/or reports.
• Provides recommendations for overall enterprise data architecture that will best position the delivery of service excellence to our constituents.
• Prepare activity and progress reports as indicated by manager.
• Work closely with manager to identify opportunities for change, present ideas and recommendations for capitalizing on these opportunities.
• Develop, document, and modify, as necessary, guidelines and/or procedures to promote efficiency in the delivery of data to the Division.
• Effectively communicates relevant application and data related information to superiors and peers across the organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Data Analytics related field. Minimum of 5 years ETL and integration experience required, two of which were in a senior level role. Equivalent combinations of education/experience may be considered. Expert level knowledge of Microsoft SQL server database and/or other relational databases; experience with SQL and/or other database extraction and/or query tools. Demonstrated coding proficiency in programming languages such as Visual Basic, C#, Java, R, Python. Experience utilizing report design/visualization software such as SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Excel PowerPivot. Experience designing & developing analytics and reports. Knowledge and experience using Statistical tools such as SAS, Tableau, etc. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel. Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail. Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines. Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion. Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary. Commitment to the University’s core values. Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i107