Part-time Educational Aide, Athletics (Intercollegiate Sports)
Title:Part-time Educational Aide, Athletics (Intercollegiate Sports) Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Student (Part-time) Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:Athletics Administration Pay Grade:N/A Closing Date:02/15/2021 Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $8.56 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to no more than 28.5 hours per week.Description:
The Athletics department is seeking Part-time Educational Aides to assist in the operation and game management of all spring intercollegiate athletic competitions in volleyball, men’s and women’s basketball, softball, and baseball. Amongst other duties, Educational Aide’s will be operating official clocks and scoreboards at contests, assisting in the maintenance of statistics, and keeping official scorebooks. Employees must be available with a flexible schedule, primarily on evenings for weekday games and afternoons for weekend games. The work schedule will be based upon the Santa Fe Athletics schedule.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage official game clocks/shot clocks, and scoreboards during home games.
- Assist in the maintenance and accuracy of the official scorebook and statistics.
- Develop professional relationships with co-workers, game officials and guests
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Associate Director, AthleticsQualifications:
Required: The Educational Aide must be a currently enrolled Santa Fe College Student, in good academic and behavioral standing, taking six (6) or more credit hours.
Other Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted, along with necessary training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Detail Oriented - Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application and submit current class schedule through the job portal to be considered for this position. All submitted materials will be routed and review by the following Job Contact:
Jon Erny, Associate Director, Athletics
[email protected] Required Documents:SF Current Class Schedule