Administrative Assistant 1
Job Title: Administrative Assistant 1
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223074
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization and six years of progressively responsible experience in administrative support positions Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational and verbal/written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and other computer software/databases. Testing will be required to determine actual proficiency of office software and procedures. Additional testing will be conducted to determine advanced competency levels of writing abilities.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines despite often interruptions, maintain confidentiality, keep accurate records and make independent decisions
- Communicate and advise potential Masters of Public Administration applicants
- Compile each applicant's folder containing all supporting documents
- Analyze each application to determine eligibility and ranking and prepare a summary for easy review by Admissions Committee members
- Plan and attend Admissions Committee meetings.
- Enter course classifications, descriptions, schedules, rooms, books, etc.
- Collaborate with Faculty to determine room needs, schedules, etc.
- Notify students of open registration dates and deadlines
- Manages grade reports (submission, printing, retaining, grade changes, obtaining updated GPAs etc.)
- Contact Course Directors to obtain book titles for the next semester
- Enter requisitions in PeopleSoft for Office Supplies and Student Lab Supplies
- Utilize P-Card for pre-authorized purchases to support the program and students
- Performs other duties and/or activities as needed and/or directed to support the department.