Job Title: Office Associate
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222081
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent from a state or federal accrediting organization and three years' experience performing secretarial/clerical assistant duties in an office settingKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to multi-task
- Ability to proofread with very high level of accuracy
- Ability to effectively interact with a variety of people, including faculty, staff, residents, students, patients, deans, and staff across campus, as well as external callers and visitors to the Dean's Ofice
- Excellent customer service skills, telephone etiquette and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases and ability to learn more
- Working knowledge of schools' policies/procedures
- Experience in high-level/executive office
- Answer multi-line phone line for Dean's Office' Greet visitors; Coordinate use of two 5th floor conference rooms, one of which is used campus-wide for multiple purposes; Update the DCG_DEANS_OFFICE, GC5002/5201/ and the Dean's calendar's as needed; Filing and facing; oversee document and paper flow through the Dean's Office for signatures and the Dean's review; Order office supplies through Health eShop; Create/Manage requisitions via PeopleSoft Financials; Prepare and mail GHSF/MCG check requests as needed; Create memos for reimbursement; Assist with setting up and scheduling appointments for the Dean; Maintain and log all faculty leave requests
- Retrieve, sort and distribute mail; Copy and file documents as needed; Organize and maintain the Office of the Dean's Box folder system; Coordinate annual purge of old paper files and coordinate with Materials Management Department for pickup at the end of the year; Provide support for Dan's Fund when Needed and administrative support for Communications Coordinator as needed.
- Disseminate important information and/or news to the college via email; assist with proofreading bi-weekly newsletter; assist with set-up and breakdown of special events (i.e., Lunch and Learns, Staff Retreat, Grits and Gratitude, Jingle and Mingle, Cupids and Cocoa, Fall Frolic, Spring Fling, State of the College Address); Create flyers and invitations for DCG events as needed; Create DCG birthday cards and distribute to the college on a monthly basis; Organize and plan monthly 5th floor birthday celebration event; Implement the quarterly staff newsletter
- Reconcile all DCG Dean's Fund Foundation Accounts, including obtaining back up documentation from departments to help reconcile those accounts; Filing backup documentation until CFC reports are made available on a monthly basis; Updating budget status reports for grant and non-grant accounts under the DCG Dean's Fund accessing PeopleSoft Financials to run reports; Update reconciliation spreadsheets/logs; Update fiscal year spreadsheet on a monthly basis.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.