Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223079
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials research.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality Willingness and ability to work with research animalsExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesPreferred Qualifications Specific experience testing small animals in behavioral tasks.Previous experience in cell imaging using confocal microscopy and handling mice is strongly preferred although not required.Responsibilities The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strong technical and intellectual input to the laboratory and performer a variety of complex basic science laboratory functions in support of research initiatives;
- Develop and evaluate new techniques and procedures; coordinate and/or supervise activities of support staff.
- Perform the experiments designed by the PI in the laboratory using biochemical, cell culture, and histologic assays and using cell imaging by confocol microscopes.
- Perform breeding, maintenance, rodent surgery, brain slice preparation and maintain the database for animals.
- Schedule all treatment protocols and treat animals. Participate in project planning and development of research protocols.
- Analyze results of experiments using manual or computer techniques; Summarize and evaluate findings; Generate figures for publication.
- Order supplies and stock lab, photocopying, clean and maintain laboratory and equipment.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.