Full-Time Program Manager - Corporate Education
Department:: Center for Corp. & Community Edu.
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Jan 8, 2021
Closes:: Jan 29, 2021 - 11:59 PM EST
Position ID:: 127436
Full-Time Program Manager - Corporate Education: Assistant Director; Center for Corporate & Community Education; 37.5 hours per week; Non-Unit Professional Position
The Program Manager, Corporate Education is a member of the Corporate and Community Education Center. This highly professional and innovative individual is responsible for sales, development, and implementation of revenue-generating education and training programs for area businesses and organizations (customers) served by the College either on-campus, online, or on-site. The position requires an ability to facilitate productive and on-going relationships between the College and customers to maintain knowledge of College teaching and learning resources, and to identify resources needed to respond to customer needs. The Program Manager must be goal- and outcome-oriented and proactively identify and generate opportunities to meet emerging education and training needs. This person will also represent the CCCE and interests of the college at community and college-wide events.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: February 2021
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Management - 75%
- Provide operational direction, leadership, oversight, and monitoring of contract credit and non-credit business solutions provided to corporate customers.
- Manage the customer relationship from marketing/contracting, program execution and evaluation.
- Find/generate company leads for sales prospecting.
- Develop business and community partnerships along with outreach activities to cultivate and expand new non-credit workforce development/corporate contracts, training and services.
- Perform company needs assessments and recommend appropriate training solutions; develop customized programs to meet educational and training needs, determine available and suitable faculty and educational resources, develop training timelines and monitor training effectiveness.
- Act as the primary customer service liaison with customers and faculty/instructors.
- Develop annual Corporate Education budget with realistic projections.
- Assist local businesses and companies in navigating the varied state funding opportunities available through Commonwealth Corporation and the MA Workforce Training Fund.
- Work in partnership with corporate education coordinator to prioritize customer training requirements according to established training timelines and to confirm all deliverables are met on time or ahead of schedule, e.g., company and instructor contracting process, employee/NECC registration process, ordering and delivery of required contract training materials, customer invoicing process, etc.
- Attend and participate in chamber events, human resource professional associations.
- Present myriad NECC services and benefits to companies and community organizations.
Internal Collaboration - 10%
- Collaborate with NECC Marketing Communications to continually market Corporate Education opportunities through online and print media, and develop marketing materials for the business communities.
- Work in partnership with NECC faculty/adjunct faculty/staff members to build relationships for mutually-beneficial results, e.g., finance/administration dept. members for efficient and effective processing needs, etc.
Database & Software - 10%
- Effectively strategize how to leverage software assets for broader strategic growth.
- Working knowledge of NECC programs such as 25Live, Banner, Destiny One, Raiser's Edge, MA Training Exchange, Training Pro and other workforce databases as necessary for reservations, courses, customer contact/CRM, non-credit courses.
Other Duties and Responsibilities - 5%
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and practices in the field through peer association, attendance at seminars and conferences, and review of literature.
- Working knowledge of other college offerings for corporate partners.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business, education, workforce development, training and development or related field.
- 1-2 years' experience developing budgets and managing personnel.
- Demonstrated professional experience with workforce development, building partnerships/collaborations with businesses and industries in a diverse, multicultural environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to balance many projects at any given time.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the local area to cultivate working relationships with the community and across the state.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business, education, workforce development, training and development or related field.
- Experience and familiarity of Massachusetts community colleges.
- Professional experience and business acumen to effectively represent the department.
- Experience in customer service setting.
- 1-2 years' experience in business-to-business sales or business development.
- Ability to read and interpret budgetary and statistical data.
- Background in developing basic sales collateral.
- Bilingual fluency - English/Spanish.
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, urban population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution
SALARY: Anticipated starting salary range is $70,000.00-$75,000.00 annually with complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: January 29, 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery