Compensation Consultant (Remote Work Available)
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus | CU DenverCentral Human ResourcesHR Principle Professional / Compensation Consultant (Remote Work Available)Position #736370 – Requisition #19868* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *CU Anschutz Medical Campus | University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Central Human Resources, a consolidated unit that supports both the CU Anschutz Medical Campus and CU Denver, has an opening for a full-time, one-year University Staff (unclassified) Compensation Consultant position.CU Anschutz Medical CampusThe University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.CU DenverAs Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.Nature of WorkJobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.Principal Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed at an advanced or expert level.Principal Professionals are considered a subject matter expert in a particular area.SupervisionThis position will report to the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition and Compensation.Responsibilities
- Provides compensation analysis and consulting services to university clients.
- Provides expertise in the development, improvement and implementation of market-competitive structures, market reviews, incentive compensation, and pay equity process.
- Manages and participates in strategic compensation initiatives.
- Responsible for operationalizing and implementing the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. This includes working in partnership with the Office of Equity and reviewing relevant experience and other allowable factors to determine pay at hire, promotion, and during equity reviews, and creation and delivery of training to supervisors and employees
- Responsible for review of in-range and discretionary pay considerations
- Position is responsible for searching market data and establishing salary ranges for requests that are outside of established ranges for University Staff and positions higher than Director level.
- Reviews and approves temporary additional pay requests for classified and university staff positions.
- Reviews honoraria requests to determine if request meets honoraria policy. If not, discusses other options with requestor.
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- 6 years of experience in compensation consulting, which included market pricing, conducting and documenting pay equity reviews, and training creation and delivery.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science
- Expert level experience working with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and running queries in Access or other systems such as Tableau
- Experience running reports in HCM and CIW or comparable system
- Higher Education compensation experience
- Experience in providing training on compensation practices
- Certification from a professional HR Association (PHR, SPHR, IPMA, CCP - WorldatWork)
- Strong analytical thinking skills, quantitative analysis, creative problem solving, and the ability to be flexible and work well in a time-critical, complex environment with many competing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives for a timely and successful conclusion
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to compensation challenges
- Excellent time management skills and organization to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Jan 8, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing