Sr. Project & Portfolio Manager
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Project and Program Management in Business Transformation Solutions (BTS) or designee, the Senior Project and Portfolio Manager is responsible for overseeing, planning, developing and implementing large scale projects while strategically managing complex portfolios. The overall goal of this position is to ensure that large scale mission driven projects are executed within an established timeframe and budget utilizing established project management practices.Responsibilities
- Leads major project development, management and implementation teams for large scale projects for the Project Management Office (PMO) within Commonwealth Medicine.
- Identifies required resources for project and implementation teams; assess necessary skill sets and competencies to accomplish PMO objectives. Makes recommendations for project staffing models.
- Develops and maintain an effective relationship with clients, team members, Commonwealth Medicine leadership and other BTS staff.
- Convenes, directs and leads a PMO team to effectively address the client’s requirements according to the project’s objectives, schedule and budget.
- Assists the project sponsors and champions to sustain project results. Coaches to and creates process observation boards.
- Manage resource allocation in consideration with and aligned to current project portfolio, sales pipeline and with diversity of skills, talents and domain expertise to ensure fluidity in managing and staffing for core and growth initiatives.
- Construct a collaborative network and virtual team of project management resources across including blended and cross functional teams.
- Ensures consistency in the project and portfolio for all phases of projects from project scoping to post mortems and directs use of standard project management tools and resources.
- Key stakeholder in growth of current external project management and program development business, improving market penetration, enhancing and expanding product and service lines, diversifying revenue and identifying new and emerging markets.
- Serves as a coaching and mentoring resource to Project Management Consultants, Project Managers, and Project Management Coordinators.
- Develops joint responses to RFRs and other proposal developments in support of CWM product and solution design and deployment at the proposal development stage or post-award deployment stage and provides expert consultation on responses to solicitations and new business opportunities. Develops competitive cost proposals and compelling explanation of services that position CWM to succeed.
- Conducts and collaborates on annual performance assessments and skill development and training.
- Participates in strategic planning and implementation for Commonwealth Medicine and aligns programs, projects and operations to strategic objectives.
- Leads project management teams and participate as a member of strategic management teams.
- Provides ongoing documentation and status reports of progress on project, program and portfolio development and implementation to Commonwealth Medicine senior staff
- Prepares and submits budget and project reports and executive summaries and presentations to senior executives.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
Bachelor's Level Degree in Management, Healthcare, Business Administration or related field
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 5 - 7 years of experience in leading client facing healthcare project management engagements.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or the ability to obtain certification.
- Extensive practical business experience in a large, dynamic organization with strong program management knowledge and skills through wide-ranging experiences in the field of program management.
- Strong track record of managing healthcare programs in rapidly changing and pressured environments to successfully deliver business benefits within specified timescales, budget and in accordance with client expectations.
- Familiarity with Agile/Waterfall software development.
- Strong analytical skills with track record of problem solving and decision making.
- Excellent judgment and ability to work with others, inspires trust with strong communication & presentation skills.
- Self-starter with positive, proactive, assertive presence, ability to motivate, inspire and establish/maintain credibility with external clients, internal stakeholders and senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills, with the ability to tailor messages to all levels of internal/external audience.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrates ability to deal with change and ambiguity and to solve challenges creatively.
- Superior teamwork skills, both as a leader and a team member.
- Strong sense of ownership and high level of accountability, persuasive/takes charge. Adaptable and strategic thinker.
- Ability to develop innovative and feasible solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates standards of respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Maintains, regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
Master's Level Degree or equivalentAdditional Information