Student Assistant - Wellness Programming
Job Title: Student Assistant - Wellness Programming
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 223053
The Office of Wellness Programming is seeking a creative, innovative and energetic student to develop, implement, and promote Wellness Programming¿s weekly health caves, events, and services. This includes enhancing our social media platform and expanding programming into virtual workshops and presentations.Responsibilities
- Lead the Grizzly Health Cave initiative, our weekly outreach, in planning, research, material design and implementation.
- Present health education presentations/workshops to classrooms and student groups.
- Develop virtual outreach sessions, through the use of zoom, Microsoft teams, YouTube and/or other social media.
- Attend all meetings and trainings. Complete the Certified Peer Educator training and exam.
- Design and distribute promotional and educational material.
- Network with professors/instructors and other campus groups to create opportunities for presenting health education programs.
- Assist in administrative duties of the office.
- Conduct research on a variety of health topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The student holding this position reports to the Assistant Director of Programming.
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Social Media development and Canva.
- Ability to speak openly about health topics in a positive, mature and interactive manner, including sexual health issues.
- Must be able to work evenings when needed.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health issues pertaining to college students.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]