Administrative Assistant II
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223066
The Administrative Assistant II is part of a dynamic team in New Student Connections which falls under the umbrella of Enrollment Management Services. This position has the important responsibility of providing quality service to current and prospective students, parents, staff, faculty and other constituencies. In addition, this position frequently handles sensitive and confidential material, provides office management and coordination and is responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties and supporting daily operations for the Office of New Student Connections which includes Orientation and Grizzly Success. The Administrative Assistant II tracks budget expenditures, organizes, prioritizes, and triages¿ is proactive and anticipates, and is a vital member of a team responding to internal and external demands. The candidate is expected to play a key role in fostering a positive work environment with the expectation of continuous improvement and first class customer service.Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with staff, faculty, and other departments and divisions across campus in the planning,scheduling, preparation, facilitation and implementation of New Student Connections programs, events and trainings.
- Track budgets for departmental expenditures.
- Process invoices and payment requests.
- Process travel requests and reimbursements of expenses.
- Maintain confidential information and records.
- Manage a state-issued purchasing card.
- Orders and maintains office supplies and equipment for New Student Connections.
- Assists with managing daily operations in the office, answer phones, and other correspondence.
- Solve student/parent issues via phone, email, and in person.
- Participate in projects that support enrollment management services goals of the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Dipolma or GED
- 3 years as Administrative Assistant or relevant office experience.
Position may require local travel. Position requires individual to maintain a purchasing card, therefore successful completion of a credit report is a condition of employment. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]Background Check
- Credit Report