Assistant Director, Sports Performance (Olympic Sports), Department of Athletics
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-07
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Designs and supervises strength and conditioning programs for each assigned sport during pre-season, in-season and off-season periods.
- Develops testing programs to determine the effectiveness of the strength and conditioning programs for assigned sports.
- Assists in supervision of student-athletes in the strength and conditioning facility to include providing instructions in the safe use of all athletic lifting techniques.
- Works with designated athletic trainer in the rehabilitation of injured student-athletes to get them back to competitive health.
- Assists sport coaches with on-campus recruiting of prospective student-athletes.
- Supervises the activities and scheduling of team workouts, interns, and student assistants.
- Assists designated sport coaches with in-season stretching and warm-up exercises as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field with a minimum of two years related experience with both male and female athletes as a strength coach at the high school, collegiate or professional level.
Certified by a strength and conditioning organization that meets NCAA requirements for Division 1 athletics. The Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Association (SCCC) and National Strength and Conditioning Association (CSCS) are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of ACC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and the biomechanics of the body, also various training techniques/skills.
- Knowledge of the principles of athletic strength and conditioning programming.
- Ability to demonstrate/teach a wide variety of physical activities related to strength and conditioning.
- Knowledge of athletic injury prevention and treatment protocols.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Experience with Catapult (GPS) and EliteForm (VBT) Training Systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to foster a cooperative environment with athletes, sports coaches and administrators.
- Ability to motivate student-athletes and sport coaches.
- Proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Word and other relevant software applications.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver license with good driving record; must be insurable.
Provides supervision, training, work direction and problem solving assistance for work-study students.
Assists in supervision for approximately 300 student-athletes when using the athletic department’s Sports Performance facility.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.