Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in 34 locations throughout the Triangle.
DUKE PRIMARY CARE
General Description of the Job Class
Provide high-level administrative support to department or group of professionals. Apply knowledge and skills to resolve complex administrative problems independently or with others.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Problem resolution may include research. Tasks are typically diverse and advanced. In addition to tasks outlined in the Administrative Assistant description, examples of work at this level may typically include some combination of the following:
- Independently prepare more complex documentation, reports, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets at designated intervals and as requested.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Research budget variance and follow up to resolve issues.
- Develop advanced presentation materials.
- Prioritize and resolve inquiries (phone, e-mail, in person).
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinate related arrangements.
- Explain policy/procedures to other parties based on knowledge of the company and department.
- Collect, compile and analyze moderately complex data and information.
- Creatively uses PC, word processing and other office software.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described above.
Required Qualifications at this Level
High school education or equivalent with five years of administrative support experience of increasing variety, complexity and demonstration of work leadership.
Two years postsecondary education with three years of experience.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of department policies, procedures, and goals as well as administrative support in completing complex tasks.
- Demonstrated the understanding of basic leadership approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing and coaching.
- Demonstrated success applying highest level of secretarial skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to gain the confidence and cooperation of peers.
- Demonstrated editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet demanding deadlines.
- Must be self direct and able to take initiative.
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.