Faculty/Program Director Executive Coaching and Consultation
OFFICE PROFILE:The Townsend Institute encompasses the following academic programs of the university: COUN, ORGL, EXCC and other programs which may be developed. Functions included in the overall school operation include management of faculty and staff personnel, curriculum oversight, student support, recruitment and academic advising for certain programs.
ROLE:The Director of the M.A. Executive Coaching and Consultation program at the Townsend Institute is responsible for administrative oversight, faculty coordination, maintaining program, certification, and accreditation standards, coordinating the practicum and internship requirements, and various university activities related to the Townsend Institute at Concordia University.
- Recommended by the Dean of the Townsend Institute
- Approved by the Executive Vice President/Provost
- Reports to the Associate Dean of the Townsend Institute Collaborates with Program Directors and members of the faculty and staff of the Townsend InstituteInteracts and functions cooperatively with all other campus personnel
The following are the minimum requirements for this position:
- A terminal degree in Executive Coaching and Consultation or related field such as Organizational Leadership (or pursuing)
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership, coaching and consulting experience
- ICF Certification commensurate with the role of training director PreferredunderstandingandexperienceinusingtheTownsendmodelorwillingnessfortraining in the modelPreferredunderstandingofLutherandistinctivesorcalledchurchworker,willingnesstogo through the Vision Mission and Values training
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Lead(with consultation from the Associate Dean),the certification efforts related to ICF certification of our certificates and MA EnsureallprogramcomponentsarealignedtotheInstituteandUniversity'smission,aswellas appropriate WUSCUS and International Coaching Federation (ICF)Attract hire and train ICF certifiedBe knowledgeable to assist the students with correct ICF certification process information and train the advisors and admissions counselors to be able to provide appropriate answers to studentIn collaboration with the Kickoff Committee, assist in the coordination of the bi-annual Kick-Off Conferences for the MA Executive Coaching Program and ensure the facilitators of the process groupsmaintainthehighqualitystandardsoftheuniversityandfidelitytotheTownsendWork with students as they research and select their fieldworkCoordinate term starts including book lists, new faculty on-boarding, communication with students and faculty, course start procedures, term shell creation(see TI procedures on term starts).Bearesourcetofacultyandstudentsandmonitorcoursesthroughoutthetermregardingissues with technology, curriculum or other faculty and studentAssists in faculty evaluation with the Associate
- Creates, edits and maintains forms and CoordinatesprogramscheduleswiththeAdministrativeAssistant,ProgramAdvisingand Registrar.WiththeProgramAcademicAdvisor,overseestudentprogress,andstudentcohortscheduling throughout the program, and with practicums andWiththeProgramAcademicAdvisor,monitorsretentionofcurrentstudents,especiallyduring the registrationProvides direction and assists in the resolution of student or faculty
- Leadthecreationandmaintenanceofthecoursecataloginformationreportedtothe DemonstratesfiscalresponsibilitywhenusingprogramManagestheprogrambudget including submitting yearly budget requests for the subsequent year.CollaborateswiththeGraduateAdmissionsofficeinansweringmoredetailedquestionsabout the Executive Coaching
- Periodicallyreviewswrittenbrochuresandthewebsitetoensureconsistencywithcurrent programLeadtheimprovementprocessofcoursecontentandonlinedeliveryincollaborationwiththe curriculum committee for eachOther duties may be assigned from time to
- Work effectively with remote faculty and staff Abilitytoprioritizetasks,workinanunsupervisedenvironment,andworkefficientlyand effectively under pressureRespect and maintain the confidentiality of work done for the faculty(FERPA)
- Willingness to learn new or additional job-related tasks
- Initiative to devise ways to improve the flow of work in the office
- Abilitytosolvepracticalproblemsanddealwithavarietyofconcretevariablesin situations where only limited standardization exists Abilitytointerpretavarietyofinstructionsfurnishedinwritten,oral,diagramor schedule form
ATTITUDE AND DEMEANOR:
- Be an individual of prayer and Christian maturity ExemplifyChristianphilosophyoftheConcordiaUniversitymissionstatementinall aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities assigned to this positionMaintain a flexible and innovative attitude toward change
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Maintain a sense of humor in meeting conflicting expectations Communicatewarmth,understandingandhelpfulnesswheninteractingwithstudents, staff, faculty and the general publicDevelopandmaintainpositiverelationshipswithallwhocomeintocontactwiththis departmentExhibitacheerful,positive,loyal,team-memberattitudetowardthepurposes, programs, policies and goals of the universityMaintainconfidentialityonmatterspertainingtothisofficeandthecampusasawhole
- Constantly strive to improve performance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions using a computer keyboard
- May require rising and sitting repeatedly
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, stoop and reach to utilize 5-drawer file cabinets
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Concordia University - Irvine Cahttps://cui.applicantpro.com