Lecturer - Kinesiology
Lecturer - KinesiologyJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
The Department of Kinesiology at The University of Rhode Island invites applications for a full-time, 9-month academic year lecturer position beginning Fall, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to teach courses in the undergraduate Exercise Science curriculum, which may include exercise physiology, health and wellness, introductory anatomy and physiology, exercise testing and prescription and/or resistance training. The successful candidate will also be responsible for student advising and departmental, college, and community service. The Kinesiology department and the University of Rhode Island value multiple modes of course delivery (e.g. face to face, online, hybrid) along with the ability to utilize appropriate pedagogical technology regardless of delivering methods.
1. Masters or terminal degree in Kinesiology or closely related area conferred by September 1, 2021.
2. Demonstrated ability to teach in two or more of the following areas: anatomy and physiology, exercise physiology, health and wellness, exercise testing and prescription and/or resistance training.
3. Demonstrated ability to engage in a variety of teaching methodologies (online, lecture, group activities, individual instruction, distance learning.)
4. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrated commitment to diversity through teaching, advising, and mentoring.
6. Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated experience teaching at the college or university level.
2. Certification and/or membership in applicable professional organizations such as NSCA, ACSM, AACVPR, or APTA.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union:
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, LimitedEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation:
Position is full-time academic year, limited to 06-30-2022 with anticipated renewal.Department:
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter addressing the qualifications for the position (one complete doc).
(#2) Curriculum Vita.
(#3) “Other Document” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).Position Number:
01/25/2021Open Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: