Budget and Research Analyst
Civil ServiceClassification Title:
Financial Analyst/Planner SpecialistPosition's Functional Title:
Budget and Research AnalystPosition Summary:
Governors State University is seeking to hire a Budget and Research Analyst as a member of the staff of the Office of Budget and Financial Planning and the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. This position is responsible for preparing, analyzing and monitoring data for report development, and dissemination for areas across the campus and externally. The Budget and Research Analyst must utilize discretion and independent judgement in the development and management of complex research studies and projects utilizing the databases and resources available to the office. Data management responsibilities include collecting and preparing data for analysis, including assessing data quality, as well as recoding and merging data.
The Budget and Research Analyst analysis and reporting responsibilities range across a variety of subject areas and projects covering the entire higher education decision support spectrum, including students, faculty, the research enterprise, admissions, finances, staff, and other key institutional subject areas. The Budget and Research Analyst will regularly collaborate with other University offices, thus strong communication and teamwork skills are necessary. The ability to present complex data in a succinct, meaningful way to a variety of audiences is essential.Minimum Qualifications:
REQUIRED: DOCUMENTATION CONFIRMING HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETION OR EQUIVALENT MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION, COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. Any one or any combination that equals three (3) years (36 months) from the categories below:
A. Progressively more responsible experience in developing financial or economic analyses, research designs, strategic plans, or data models;
B. Credit for college course work comparable to that in a field related to financial analysis/planning such as finance, planning, economics, or operations research with 12 hours in empirical fields such as statistics or computer science:
- 60 semester hours equals 1 year (12 months);
- 90 semester hours equals 2 years (24 months);
- 120 semester hours or higher equals 3 years (36 months).
2. Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience comparable to that gained as a Financial Analyst/Planner Associate in addition to the experience/training required in 1 above.
NOTE: A Master’s Degree in accounting, business administration, and/or finance, or other related fields, used to satisfy requirement #1 may be used in satisfying this requirement as well.Preferred Qualifications:
- Five years professional experience in one of these or related areas: Social Science, Research Methodology, Statistics, Business, Finance, Accounting, or Data Management, or other related fields.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, and experience in databases, data retrieval / analysis and reporting
- Highly motivated with ability to prioritize. Adaptable to process, policy and other changes as part of a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional writing experience.
- Five years progressive work experience in higher education or possess a strong enthusiasm to learn about higher education (University, Community College or state agency associated with higher education preferred).
- Master’s degree in business or data management or related concentrations with graduate coursework in research design, statistics, data management and/or institutional planning.
- Knowledge of website maintenance and development tools and practices.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Ellucian ERP systems (Colleague).
- Knowledge of the SAP Business Objects environment for reporting; elements and identify potential cause-effect relationships.
01/17/2021Open Until Filled:
CS0461PType of Search:
ExternalQuicklink for Posting:
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Documentation confirming High School completion or equivalent (College Transcripts may be used to substitute for high school diploma).
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS:
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS:
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.