VA Program Administrator-School Certifying Official
VA Program Administrator-School Certifying OfficialDepartment:
Student Services & Enrollment ManagementPosting Number:
Fairfax, VA: 22030Full or Part Time:
Full TimeSalary Range:
$50,000.00 - $65,000.00Basic Function:
The primary purpose of the College Certifying Official position is to assist with administration of program certifications, planning, management, coordination, supervision and evaluation of services to veterans, military members and their families. In particular, veteran students that are seeking credit and Workforce Development programs and credentialing.Duties and Responsibilities:
As the College Certifying Official the incumbent will:
• Perform lead duties of program certifications as it relates to program compliance and regulations with State Approving Agency and Veteran Administration.
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Military and Veterans Services.
• Supervise veteran work-study students, prepare data for reports and perform records maintenance functions daily.
• Represent the college at annual DVA conference and State Approving Agency regional training sessions.
• Counsel students concerning related academic and federal (DVA) regulations pertinent to the student’s veteran benefits and performs records maintenance functions daily and accurately.
• Provide support and coverage to campus and off-campus offices as needed.
• Associate Degree with course work in business administration, human services, counseling, social services or a related area or an equivalent combination of training and expertise.
• Experience with veteran’s programs and procedures.
• Experience with PC software applications (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc).
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and explaining academic and administrative policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated experience as a certifying official.
• Bachelor’s degree with course work in business administration, human services, counseling, social services or a related area or an equivalent combination of training and expertise.
• Experience working in a college setting and experience certifying credit and non-credit programs.
• Prior military experience or family member is preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish goals and priorities and make decisions based on program and institutional policies.
• Knowledge of veteran’s educational benefits programs and certification forms and procedures.
• Familiarity with PeopleSoft Student Information System and VA Once.
• Flexibility and willingness to learn new systems and processes.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Strong customer service skills.
01/21/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.Background Check Statement:
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.