Part Time Preschool Assistant, Berkley Child and Family Development Center, School of Education...
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 35279
Berkley Child and Family Development Center, UMKC School of EducationJob Description
Are you available to work on-call and be available from 12:00p - 6:00p or 3:00p - 6:00p, Monday-Friday? The UMKC Early Childhood Lab School, Berkley Child and Family Development Center, A nationally accredited program located on the UMKC campus, is seeking experienced preschool assistants with positive attitudes, strong problem solving skills, and who are committed to providing the highest quality early learning experience. As a Preschool Assistant, you will work in a dynamic team environment facilitating a Reggio inspired play based curriculum rooted in developmentally appropriate practice. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist teachers in carrying out curriculum, care activities and routines
- Cultivate and maintain a positive relationship with parents, teachers and university students
- Consistently treat children with dignity, respect and compassion
- Promote, administer, and work to implement the programs goals, philosophies, policies, and mission statements
- Participate in classroom management involving procedures and program as delegated by supervisors
- Light clerical work (typing, filing, etc.)
- Attend staff meetings
- Participate in required in-service trainings as required by Missouri State Licensing
- Assist with classroom’s general housekeeping
An Associates' Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and some experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Certificate, attendance in child development classes, or one year experience in a child care environment are preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and to move freely (pushing, pulling, bending)
Part Time, hours vary - Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.Salary
- $10.00/substitute rate
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK EITHER:
- 12:00p - 6:00p, Monday - Friday
- 3:00p - 6:00p, Monday - Friday
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: