Job no: 492465
Work type: Adjunct
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is accepting applications for the position of Adjunct instructor for the course NURS 700 Principals of Epidemiology and Biostatistics in the online Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
This course introduces the student to epidemiology and advanced biostatistics. The focus of this class is the application of Epidemiology and Population Health principles designed to improve the health of aggregate groups, which includes issues such as public and global health, disease surveillance and prevention, and outbreak analysis. The application of biostatistics in epidemiology and the role of the DNP in this specialty area is emphasized.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Providing instruction in the course based on provided curriculum
• Assisting students in achieving course objectives
• Moderating and guiding students in online discussions
• Scheduling and holding office hours using online conferencing tools
• Grading and providing substantive feedback within 5 days.
• Respond to student emails in 24-48 hours
• Adhering to the online adjunct instructor expectations as outlined in the contract.
• Terminal degree in epidemiology or other related field
• Experience teaching in epidemiology/population health and demography
• Experience in research methods including but not limited to employment in public health activities relevant to epidemiology and disease patterns
• Online teaching experience
• Experience with Canvas
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: January 07, 2021
Applications close: Open until filled