Job No: 496643
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
The Grounds Supervisor supervises all activities of the Labor and Grounds Section of the Facilities Department. A wide knowledge of grounds maintenance, heavy equipment and/or landscaping functions and supervisory experience are important to fulfill the obligations of this position. Candidates should possess the skills to oversee an organization whose duties include, but are not limited to: campus-wide planning, scheduling, coordinating, and communicating of all grounds and labor activities for the entire campus. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
- Responsible for trash collection, grass cutting, special setups, moving furniture and equipment, leaf collection, maintenance of all outdoor athletic venues, maintenance of bulk supplies, recycling/sustainability efforts, excavating, paving, and snow removal.
- Develops schedules, assigns tasks, and checks progress. Monitors workloads and schedules, adjusting as needed, to ensure fair and equitable distribution of work among staff. Assesses customer needs through frequent contact to ensure resources and services are the optimally applied to their needs and routinely informs customers of project/work status.
- Directly supervises staff and ensures that the crew leaders execute their duties in a professional manner.
- Ensures that effective orientation and training programs exist for new employees and current staff concerning job requirements, personnel procedures, safety policies and safe work practices. Adheres to OSHA standards, employs safe practices, and follows safety policies/procedures.
- Responsible for the physical appearance and condition of all Labor and Grounds spaces, equipment, and campus grounds.
- Responsible for the tracking of recycling, composting, mulching, diversion, and waste management, and for the creation and submission of associated reports/spreadsheets for both internal and external use.
- Ensures that the work methods are current and that tools and equipment are available and used effectively.
- Works with the Associate Director of Operations to contract for services and procure equipment as necessary. Performs liaison functions with all outside contractors and government entities for snow removal, waste and recycling efforts, paving, and landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Assists in the development of relevant portions of the operating and capital budgets as necessary.
- Supports and promotes the University's sustainability efforts.
- At least five years working as a laborer or groundskeeper, with some mixture of experience in equipment operations, maintenance training, asphalt paving, concrete work, tree work, shrub/plant maintenance and lawn maintenance.
- At least three years of supervisory experience particularly in grounds maintenance and labor operations.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer proficiency; able to effectively convey information using Excel and Word
- Working knowledge and experience with grounds related tools, procedures, products, and equipment. Possesses a detailed knowledge of safe work practices maintenance procedures, and equipment.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
- Possess truck and vehicle driver's licenses and have a safe driving record for the past three years.
This position is classified as part of essential services. Individual is required to report to work even if campus has a delayed opening, early closing, or is closed, unless instructed otherwise by a supervisor or when the individual has concerns related to their personal safety.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree in landscape architecture, horticulture, forestry or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Daily exposure to dust, dirt, weather and temperature changes.
- Position works primarily outdoors but occasionally indoors.
- Must be able to travel around campus, climb stairs, ladders, walkways, and elevated areas.
- Must use proper safety equipment for hearing, head, eye, feet, hand, and body protection.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496643/grounds-supervisor
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency