EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION COORDINATOR
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV4834
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College of Education and P-16 Integration / Human Development and School Services
Scope of Job:
Plans and implements developmentally appropriate activities that advance all areas of children's development and learning, including social emotional, intellectual and physical competence. Works with Childcare Center Director and Assistant Director to lead the program in accordance with the center's goals and principles of developmentally appropriate practices along with other federal, state and local requirements.
Description of Duties:
• Complies with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS) minimum standards for a licensed Child Care Center.
• Complies with the Texas Rising Star standards and criteria to ensure compliance and maintain the Center’s status.
• May represent the Director is absence as needed for licensing requirement.
• Complies with the national standards of the National Accreditation Commission (NAC) for Early Care and Education Programs. Continues Program improvement by recognizing the assessor’s professional judgment for the NAC accreditation.
• Supports and maintains the implementation of the Big Day Scholastic Curriculum.
• Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of children with an emphasis on language development and emergent literacy skills.
• Must demonstrate the ability to support the social and emotional development of children.
• Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the development levels of the children.
• Models positive behavior management techniques through daily contact with children and early childhood staff in the classroom.
• Plans, organizes and participates in Family and Parent Workshops.
• Assists with providing special training to the Early Childhood Specialist in order to develop the skills to work with parents of young children.
• Participates in team planning sessions with all Early Childhood Specialist to ensure well-coordinated and effective delivery of project services to meet program objectives.
• Supervises and provides leadership and support to the Early Childhood Specialist.
• Complies with the Texas Department of Agriculture - Special Nutrition Program standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Child Psychology or related field from an accredited university.
Upon hire, employee must obtain Adult/Child/Infant CPR and First Aid Training by the American Heart Association or other accredited organization within the first fourteen (14) working days. Negative TB test. FBI Criminal Background check clearance.
Two (2) years of experience as a classroom teacher of young children in a child development center or other educational facility. Criminal Background Check and background clearance through Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. Demonstrate knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices for young children.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment. Attendance of professional development provided by local entities; attendance at local, state and national conferences; Center/family functions, parent meetings that often occur after hours and on weekends.
Must be able to regularly lift 40 pounds with or without accommodation; occasionally lift 10 pounds over head with or without accommodation. Frequent stooping, squatting, bending, sitting, standing, crawling, dancing, rolling on the floor, and performing calisthenics. Tact, diplomacy and judgment necessary in dealing with others. Demonstrated independent decision-making and problem solving ability. Within the scope of position duties, responsible for seeing that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, reliable data is maintained, and applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are complied with. Annual completion of 30 hours of child development training. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/08/2021
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 08/31/2021
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27025
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency