Network Manager - Information Technology
Network Manager - Information Technology
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
St. John's University is looking for a network professional with experience in complex data and telecommunications systems architecture, development, and management. Candidate must have domain expertise in networking design and implementation based on the principles of Core, Distribution and Access layers. Also, candidate should have hands-on technical experience with network protocols, network operating cores, Layer 2/3 and wireless networks. This position is one that provides technical leadership and supervises network engineers.
- In depth knowledge to architect, design, implement and maintain wired and wireless networks, including best practices supporting hardware and security mechanisms.
- Manage and maintain the network environment, completing problem determination, performance analysis and solution recommendations.
- Assist with development of strategic vision for the infrastructure, specifically relating to network communications.
- Identify, manage installation and maintain upgrades to the network.
- Collaborate with other infrastructure teams to implement solutions as part of the overall vision.
- Develop and refine policies and procedures relating to security, data integrity, change control, and documentation of network infrastructure. Ensures team is working in accordance with these procedures.
- Ability to present solutions to senior level management.
- Communicate with members of the senior IT management team, and constituencies about project progress and any issues, including needed changes in schedule, resources, or product.
- Detailed understanding of data networks and protocols including, but not limited to, spanning tree, TCP/IP V4/V6, VoIP, SIP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, NTP, and HTTP
- Experience with Cisco switch/route infrastructure.
- Experience configuring and managing firewall infrastructure, specifically Palo Alto firewalls.
- Working knowledge of Infoblox, F5, ISE, Prime, DNA Spaces
- Network cloud experience - AWS.
- Experience with network security and forensic analysis.
- Experience integrating voice and data networks.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage concurrent project initiatives.
- Management experience, including directly managing employees and budget responsibilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints and automate processes.
- Able to successfully present and communicate technical information.
This position manages two senior network engineers on the Information Technology Network Team and is responsible for the hiring and performance management of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to physically install network equipment, such as wireless access points, switches or routers in various locations on campus (weight limit of 50 lbs). In addition, employee may be required to survey certain areas around campus, both inside and outside while diagnosing network connectivity to those specific locations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., however flexible work schedules can be accommodated based upon employee performance. In addition, employee may be asked to work off-hours or weekends as needed, or in response to any critical network issues.
Travel is primarily local and may include visits to the other NY campuses.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's, or technical equivalent, degree
- 8-10 years of experience in networking, with at least 2-3 years of supervisory experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- CCNA certified; CCIE preferred
- AWS certifications a plus
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/StJohnsEdu/Careers/jobs/218677
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency