EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION MENTOR
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION MENTOR
Posting Number: SRGV4809
Number of Vacancies: 2
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College of Education and P-16 Integration / Human Development and School Services
Scope of Job:
Provide high-quality coaching, guided reflection, training and technical assistance to Early Head Start classroom teachers and teacher assistants on best practices related to early learning and supporting the social emotional development of infants and toddlers in compliance with comprehensive Head Start Performance Standards.
Description of Duties:
• Provides mentoring support to Early Head Start staff and program implementers in providing eligible children and families with nurturing learning environments which offer varied culturally respectful experiences that support individual social, intellectual, physical, and emotional development.
• Supports and advises staff as needed in curricula implementation, individualization, screening, and child assessment.
• In coordination with the Early Head Start Education Director, develops a comprehensive teacher mentoring plan.
• Utilizes leadership styles that are developmentally appropriate for individual teaching staff and gives guidance regarding classroom/time management, discipline, scheduling, planning and organizing the day activities.
• Supports teacher with school readiness goals, objectives and learning styles and analyzes the nature, extent and duration of identified training needs.
• Provides written and verbal feedback on general and specific teacher job competencies in the area of education services.
• Coordinates scheduling of and conducts training activities.
• Participates in site visits, classrooms observations, and work groups to assess program needs and planning strategies for system/process improvement and/or development of early childhood education, disabilities, and mental health.
• Plans, implements, and coordinates mentoring activities and procedures designed to insure compliance with established standards.
• Maintains an open, friendly professional relationship with all staff and families, to include respect for culture, diversity, and ethnicity.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, Psychology, or related field from an accredited University
Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, Psychology, or related field from an accredited University.
• Five (5) years of experience in a related field, including familiarity with Head Start Performance Standards, State of Texas licensing requirements, and experience in supervising and mentoring teaching staff and student interns. Experience observing Early Childhood Education classrooms, or
• Four (4) years of the required experience with a Master’s degree in a required field.
Bilingual (English - Spanish)
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to communicate effectively with students and families.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/11/2020
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 08/31/2020
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27024
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency