SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Posting Number: SRGV4835
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Services-Comptroller
Scope of Job:
To provide supports for executive decision-making by conducting complex financial analysis and preparing and presenting reports in order to optimize resource-allocation at the institution.
Description of Duties:
• Prepares periodic financial reports, responds to requests for information from local, state and federal agencies and other external organizations as needed.
• Analyses financial accounting and performance data, summary reports and specialized cost studies.
• Prepares long term financial plans and reports to senior management.
• Examines historical and projected financial data to provide senior management with valuable data to use in financial decisions.
• Prepares financial feasibility studies and specialized reports summarizing financial activities.
• Prepares and coordinates budgets and budget forecasts for various areas.
• Interprets and ensures compliance with applicable rules, policies and regulations and, as appropriate, recommends adjustments to policy and may also develop new policies.
• Participates in professional associations related to State government, higher education, and/or financial analysis and resource allocation.
• Coordinates and completes institutionally significant, complex projects assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration from an accredited University.
Four (4) years of experience in finance or accounting with experience in planning, forecasting and financial analysis.
Proficiency in the use of PCs and integrated computer systems and related applications. Advanced computer skills in spreadsheet and data manipulation software. Operates other standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Indoor office environment. May require some weekend and/or evening work or travel.
Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills. Ability to communicate data and other financial information to others with varying levels of knowledge about such matters. Must be task-oriented and possess demonstrated problem-solving skills, ability to effectively manage time, ability to communicate with all levels of management, must exhibit accuracy in all aspects of work and be able to work successfully under time constraints. Work requires the application of considerable judgment in the interpretation of policy and the application of procedures, techniques, or practices to resolve work problems. Serious consequences may result from poor judgment. Must possess the ability to interpret and implement complex rules and regulations.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/07/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27022
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency