Vendor Services Risk & Program Manager
Vendor Services Risk & Program Manager🔍Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS), Redwood City, California, United States📁Administration📅Jan 07, 2021 Post Date📅88141 Requisition #Financial Management Services (FMS) is a unit of Business Affairs, whose vision is to work together to make administration seamless and efficient to enable and support teaching, learning and research. Business Affairs' mission is to provide integrated financial, technical, business and Human Resources services for the benefit of the Stanford Community.Within FMS, Procurement Services oversees the policies, processes, and systems associated with buying and paying activities at the university. In this rewarding position within the Procurement Services department, as the Vendor Services Risk & Program Manager you will be responsible for risk and program management for our supplier base. JOB PURPOSE:
Provide management and coordination of vendor services risk management with responsibility for its overall success. Manage staff to achieve goals and objectives. Responsible for determining reputational, financial, safety and security risks for vendor services including assessment, evaluation, outreach, planning and mitigation. CORE DUTIES:
- Direct management of staff and provide leadership to achieve goals and vision of the organization. Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, professional development and accountable for the performance of employees.Develop and implement strategic plan(s) for vendor risk.Interpret, implement and ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures. Recommend and/or formulate internal administrative policies, guidelines and procedures related to vendor risk. Direct process improvements for vendor risk program. Develop and implement vendor scorecard and quarterly business review programs. Drive compliance and quality management through annual risk monitoring.Administer the Vendor Management Governance, Regulatory and Compliance systems. Collaborate with campus owners to identify and communicate key risks. Provide reporting on risk appetite and KPIs.Implement SLAs including quality measurement and continuous improvement plan.Prepare action plans to decrease risk factors. Develop and maintain partner and vendor relationships.
- Assist with other vendor risk and program management duties as assigned.
- J.D. or MBA PreferredPrior risk, compliance and vendor management experienceExperience managing risk operations, technical support and/or customer care operationsStrong plan development, resource management and execution skillsAbility to work independently and cross-functionally with people of diverse backgrounds and culturesAbility to anticipate campus’ risks and, challenges and formulate solutions Passion for providing excellent customer service Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience in administrative, compliance and/or financial management, or combination of education and relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills including conflict resolutionExcellent planning and organizational skillsExcellent oral and written communication skillsStrong negotiation and interpersonal skillsStrong analytical and problem solving skills Strong expertise in business and management computer applications and databasesStrong knowledge of industry standards and/or regulatory requirements.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak. A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources. A healthier you. Choose health or fitness classes which are currently being offered virtually. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4142
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 88141