Director, Commitment Accounting
The Director, Commitment Accounting is responsible for the accurate and timely production of general ledger information from the OneUSG Connect payroll system for all USG institutions and the University System Office. This position also oversees daily treasury services necessary to reimburse the University System Office for payments issued. This position oversees/performs complex reconciliations and provides support for general ledger helpdesk tickets relating to commitment accounting processes. The Director supervises two professional employees.
• Document, index, publish and maintain USG Commitment Accounting business processes, including payroll accounting, encumbrance projection, money movement, liability payment and tax adjustments. Incorporate changes as they arise.
• Working with the OneUSG technical team, lead the functional resolution of Commitment accounting issues and projects. E.g. Purchasing Power and Wellness Credit projects; Online tax adjustment procedures; Encumbrance Projection errors; Combo-edit errors.
• Provide Tier-2 support for Commitment accounting tickets.
• Supervise/Perform Money Movement treasury services and associated reconciliations to ensure appropriate funds are transferred between the USO and USG institutions. This includes funds for weekly payruns, monthly payrun, daily on-demands, Stop Payments, ACH Returns, ACH Reversals, Garnishment adjustments, Tax adjustments, COBRA flex funds, COBRA administrative fees.
• Maintain Bank Authorization forms for each USG institution and USO.
• Supervise/Perform processes that result in OneUSG general ledger interfaces for 26 institutions plus USO. This includes weekly and monthly payroll journals, money movement journals, retro distribution journals, encumbrance projections/journals. Process includes detailed review of payroll data to avoid issues that cause processes to abend.
• Manage Chargeback model to USG institutions for costs associated with OneUSG processing. Maintain metrics for chargeback and process improvement purposes to include: decreasing the number of checks; decreasing the number of on-demand payments, increasing use of global cash card for unbankable employees.
• Maintain Commitment Accounting configuration in HCM system.
• Supervise/Perform running Commitment Accounting processes for system testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for releases.
• Provide and/or assist with Commitment Accounting training.
• Manage two direct reports who perform the day-to-day commitment accounting and treasury services for OneUSG. Management includes directing workloads and schedules; providing backup; approving time; setting goals and completing performance assessments.
• Provide other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 7 years’ experience in the Accounting field, or equivalent combination of education and experience; PeopleSoft Financials and HCM module experience; intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
Master’s degree and/or CPA certification desired.
Required Documents to Attach
Resume & Cover Letter