Assistant Director for Corporate Partner Relations (Senior Student Services Program Administrator)
Search #: 494960
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
Reporting to the Associate Director of Corporate Partner Relations, manages external relationships and corporate partnerships to include strategic implementation, policy development, coordination, and control/oversight of assigned events and activities. Metrics driven and outcome-oriented, the Assistant Director will evaluate employer relationships as they pertain to maintaining and expanding the hiring of UConn students and alumni, and support fundraising efforts for career-related events and programs. The position requires strong interpersonal skills and independent decision-making utilizing the knowledge and application of departmental and University policies and procedures.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the strategic direction and vision for Corporate Partner Relations within the goals and objectives of the Center for Career Development (CCD) to include internal and external initiatives and programs for the Center.
- Recruits and consults with employers on best strategies for establishing and developing effective recruitment programs for both full and part-time employees to include employer use of on-campus recruiting, career fairs, job postings, campus visits to engage with students and faculty, supporting and sponsoring campus events and other career services.
- Conducts extensive market research, needs assessments, and gap analyses in an effort to expand corporate partnerships.
- Collaborates with appropriate academic units and University departments to engage them in efforts to develop creative and innovative programs and services to further the career aspirations of our students.
- Develops and manages programs to proactively generate financial support and sponsorship opportunities (aside from career fair revenue) for the department.
- Assists with the establishment of annual goals and objectives for the Corporate Partner Relations function.
- Prepares and disseminates monthly activity reports and assists with annual first destination placement data and reporting.
- Researches and provides recommendations on new employment-related services.
- Leverages departmental resources and collaborates with team members to accomplish project goals and department initiatives.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in academic discipline appropriate to the field of specialization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years’ professional experience in employer relations development, sales or a closely related field, including one year of experience serving as an advanced team member.
- Knowledge of Career Development in a university environment.
- Supervisory and administrative experience working in a collaborative and diverse environment.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion individually and through examples of work outcomes.
- Proven ability to evaluate and produce reliable results, problem-solve and trouble shoot issues.
- Ability and willingness to carry out job responsibilities at all UConn campuses and employer locations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Master’s degree
- Exceptional strategic relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge or experience with CRM tracking systems.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidate’s background and experience.TO APPLYPlease apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494960 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on February 4, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jan 07 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 04 2021 Eastern Standard Time