Senior Coordinating Producer/Associate Athletic Director
PG190745EPInternal Recruitment :
Senior Coordinating Producer/Associate Athletic DirectorAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experience.Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm with nights and weekends as needed.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Athletics - Director and StaffAbout the Department:
The mission of the NC State Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University.Essential Job Duties:
The Senior Coordinating Producer position is responsible for the creative direction of assigned sports telecasts, as well as on-site management and administration of those telecasts/productions. The Senior Coordinating Producer will lead a production team in conjunction with the ACC Network to plan and oversee the execution of those telecasts.
- Provides creative, personnel and administrative direction for all aspects of production of assigned telecasts.
- For assigned sports/events, plans and coordinates the full scope of producing activities of a full time, temporary and/or matrixed staff of professionals and or students accountable for program development and production.
- Directs all assigned technical and production personnel in all aspects of the productions.
- May suggest new concepts for assigned sports telecasts; enhances the current philosophy, line-up and continuity of assigned telecasts; reviews and determines the look and feel of assigned telecasts.
- Participates in the design and implementation of innovative graphics for assigned sports/productions.
Pre-production activities include:
- Directing the on-site production arrangements for assigned sports remote telecasts; establishing production schedules up to and through the event.
- Establishing the format and sequence of events for the live broadcast; with the assigned director, determining the technical needs of each assigned telecast.
- Oversees and controls the flow of production assets for assigned sports productions.
On-site management activities include:
- Leading the moment-to-moment editorial direction of the content of each assigned telecast as regards, show content, storylines, replay angles, graphic content, and announcer / commentator information.
- Oversees the activities of assigned telecast production crews; resolving security challenges, determining how/when to incorporate late-breaking news into assigned remote telecasts.
Live event responsibilities include:
- Making and overseeing the implementation of all production-related decisions at the venue before and during the event, e.g., how, when and what information to communicate to talent for optimum pacing and content.
- Instant replays during breaks in action, application of graphics, whether or not to do post-event interviews and with whom.
- Directs the conduct of research on sports information to obtain materials necessary for the production of assigned sports events.
Additional duties as assigned by Athletic Director.Minimum Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s degree required; 10+ years of progressively complex related remote or related sports production experienceOther Required Qualifications:
- Has an established ability to create and produce compelling sports news remote telecast and live events; generates and executes assigned remote productions, from concept to execution
- Has an established mastery of the sports production processes and the ability to produce assigned sports/events
- Has a working knowledge of real-time sports productions and graphics
- Has established currency regarding technological advances in animation, video editing and graphics
- Has and applies considerable knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for assigned telecasts
- Has good knowledge of sports and sports history
- Master’s Degree preferred; 3-5 years senior level management in collegiate athletics preferred; experience at a Division I-A institution or conference office preferred.
n/aValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
01/07/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
104001 - Athletics-Director and StaffAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.