Multimedia ProducerAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with Experience ($40,000 - $43,000)Work Schedule:
8am - 5pm / Monday-Friday (some night and weekend hours may be required)Job Location:
CALS Communication ServicesAbout the Department:
CALS Communications is responsible for college marketing and communication initiatives. The unit works with our partners across the college to develop effective communications and marketing strategies and thoughtful collateral to support college efforts as well as many of the 12 departments. CALS Communications is responsible for working to empower CALS through superior photography, video, design, web development, social media and interactive media in a for-fee/chargeback environment.Essential Job Duties:
The Multimedia Producer is a member of the CALS Communications team, and will work with all CALS departments, centers and programs to identify, research and develop video stories in line with CALS content strategy and best practices, and deliver key college messages and meet defined strategic objectives.
Working as a one-person operation, or as part of a small production team, the multimedia producer tells the many compelling stories of CALS in video format, producing professional-grade videos that communicate the CALS and NC State University brand for use at events, in the media, on websites and as part of social media posts. Additionally, this position will also help visually document CALS faculty, staff, administrators and events as a historical record of the College and University. The position is also responsible for archiving and managing footage for repurposing as B-roll in other CALS and NC State video productions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with CALS Communications team to create and edit compelling video marketing and news stories that appeal to current and prospective students, CALS alumni, faculty and staff, stakeholders and partners, peers and influencers.
- Deliver on- brand videos for the college’s news and strategic marketing channels, developing new workflows for short-form video stories, and helping implement new video tagging, sharing and archiving practices for digital video clips accessible to the CALS Communications team.
- Possess thorough knowledge of digital video and audio production concepts, techniques and best practices, and strong familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro video editing software, and the Creative Cloud suite overall.
- Work with CALS Communications team to tackle other communications-related duties including event coverage, video press releases/media advisories, and other tasks as assigned.
Additional duties as assigned.Minimum Experience/Education:
High school diploma or equivalency and two years of visual/graphic arts experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Experienced in storytelling via video.
- Intermediate-level experience with video filming and editing techniques.
- Keen attention to technical detail.
- Ability to multitask, working on several projects simultaneously and delivering quality work on hard deadlines.
- Ability to mix archived and original video and graphics into a creative story.
- Ability to communicate creative concepts clearly and professionally with a variety of customers.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro or similar nonlinear editing software.
- Experience with the Creative Cloud suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/film/media production or a bachelor’s degree and an equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing video and other digital content.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with video editing software.
- 1-4 years of experience in a video production role or capacity.
- Comfort in showcasing complex topics in approachable ways.
- Experience working in a news or higher education environment or experience.
- Display initiative, internal motivation, a willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly defined, and an ability to learn new and established procedures.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with diverse teams across university campus.
- Comfort in teaching others how to execute video projects.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
01/07/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
Applicant required documents: Cover Letter, Resume, Link to Digital Portfolio or 3 Creative Samples, Contact Information for ReferencesPosition Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Visual Arts SpecialistPosition Classification Band Level:
ContributingPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $69,511Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Medical EmergenciesTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
110501 - CALS Communication ServicesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.