Assistant Director, NC State's European Center in Prague (NC State Prague)
PG190739EPInternal Recruitment :
Assistant Director, NC State's European Center in Prague (NC State Prague)Anticipated Hiring Range:
$48,500 - $53,000Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Prague InstituteAbout the Department:
- The Office of Global Engagement’s mission is to provide university-level leadership, innovation and coordination to equip students, faculty, staff and communities with the global knowledge, cultural understanding, skills and experience to complete and collaborate in the new global economy. NC State’s Office of Global Engagement collaborates with other campus units and strategic partners in the creation, implementation and coordination of integrative, multidisciplinary and globally focused education, research, and economic development programs to address the grand challenges of our global society. The Office of Global Engagement promotes international programs, plans and manages global activities, assists with academic planning for global knowledge/experience requirements and provides logistical support for all international engagement on campus and abroad.
- The NC State European Center in Prague (NC State Prague) is a year-round facility that advances the educational and outreach missions of NC State University. It is NC State’s only permanent international facility that welcomes both students and faculty. It serves students from every college through study abroad programs and acts as a hub for research, professional training and alumni engagement in the European region.
- The primary function of the Assistant Director is to be the NC State Prague’s campus representative and serve as the office liaison to the University. This position will provide program management and daily administration of all NC State Prague programs (Classic, Connect, and Global Leadership Minor). The Assistant Director will also assist in the development of new program models for students and faculty in collaboration with the Prague staff. In addition, this position will manage the advising, application, and pre-departure phases of study abroad programs facilitated by the NC State European Center in Prague (NC State Prague).
- NC State Prague is the university’s only permanent overseas facility. As a unit of the Office of Global Engagement, NC State Prague primarily serves as a study abroad location for NC State students, sending more than 200 students each academic year on a variety of programs offered every summer, fall, and spring. This position is based in Raleigh, NC and reports to the Director in Prague.
- The Assistant Director is an integral part of the NC State Prague team and works closely with the Director and Student Affairs Coordinator and other staff located in Prague, Czech Republic to execute high quality programming. This position also works closely with the Study Abroad Office to maintain up to date information on the university’s policies and procedures, as well as to manage the application process via Terra Dotta’s TDS Study Abroad.
The Assistant Director will:
- Serve as the on-campus liaison for the NC
State Prague team
- Provide support to Director of NC State
Prague and NC State Prague team
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of each NC
State Prague program and proactively
discuss components (academics, housing,
etc.) for NC State audience
- Collaborate with the NC State Study
Abroad Office to promote programs and
- Develop and maintain connections with
colleges & departments to expand study
- In collaboration with Director, develop
ideas for conferences with NC State
colleges and their International partners,
and symposium or workshops for NC State
and university partner faculty to be held in
- Communicate policies and procedures,
visa requirements, and university
- Work closely with onsite staff to advise
students needing special accommodations
- Maintain online student portal with details
on health and safety, travel preparations,
and other key program information
- Maintain and update the NC State Prague
course scheduling system
- Continuously assess programs and efforts
to improve pre-departure and re-entry
activities, and to provide better information
to students about specific programs
- Maintain, update, and create (as needed)
programs in Terra Dotta’s TDS Study
This position assists with other office-wide programs and initiatives to expand the mission and scope of NC State Prague.Other Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in International Education and at least five years of experience in international higher education, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three to five years of professional experience in the field of international education.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of study abroad and experience with student or academic advising.
- Experience studying, living and/or working abroad.
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking, and ability to exhibit empathy and enthusiasm in interactions with students, and have experience in working with faculty.
- Ability to prioritize workload, and adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- High level of professionalism and ability to work in a demanding job environment.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in a foreign language, experience living and working in a foreign country
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
01/07/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Internal only – This position is intended for current, permanent, NC State Employees only.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
390901 - Prague InstituteAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.