PG190742EPInternal Recruitment :
Staff PhysicianAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with Experience.Work Schedule:
This is a 12 month position, working daytime 40 hours/week Monday - Friday with weekend Saturday rotation and occasional evenings based on demands of the clinic.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Student Health ServicesAbout the Department:
Division of Academic and Student Affairs Mission, Values & Objectives
- We promote the success of the whole student. In collaboration with our colleagues across campus, we prepare students to succeed academically, professionally and personally, to embrace a commitment to lifelong learning, and to become informed, engaged, and productive citizens.
- The purpose of Student Health Services (SHS) is to provide appropriate, affordable, accessible and high quality primary health care to eligible members of the campus community. The major function of SHS is to provide outpatient care to the 34,000+ NC State students. Some level of medical care or nursing advice is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hours of service vary during the summer and during holidays and student breaks.
- All of our staff members have standards that guide the work we do everyday: Student Health Values are Respect, Integrity, Customer Service, Teamwork, and Excellence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Staff Physician:
- Provide quality, full-scale direct patient care to eligible persons. Direct patient care includes history-taking, examination, treatment, follow up and referral, as appropriate.
- Interpret x-ray, ECG and other laboratory tests.
- Provide primary-level mental health care including evaluation and treatment of anxiety, depression and attention deficit disorder.
- Perform minor surgical procedures: suturing, incision and drainage, minor wound and burn care.
- Provide care in a culturally, ethnically and racially diverse environment.
- Participate in quality and performance improvement projects, peer review and continuing education.
- Supervise and support the professional practice of physician extenders.
- Participate in SHS committees and departmental meetings, as assigned.
- Assist in resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients.
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Experience and Education:
- Must possess an unrestricted license to practice medicine in North Carolina.
- Must possess a Medical degree from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy and show successful completion of board eligibility or certification in a primary care specialty preferably in Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine or Emergency Medicine.
- Must have three years recent experience delivering patient care service in an ambulatory care setting and show evidence of collaborative practice/supervision of advanced practice nurses and physician assistants.
- Current DEA license
- Demonstrated competencies and skills in primary care medicine including, but not limited to physical assessment, suturing/minor surgical procedures and mental health screening.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on customer service, including ability to collaborate with other clinicians, allied healthcare professionals, support staff and health center/campus administration.
- Ability to receive assignments and work independently under general direction without reluctance.
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment.
Knowledge of and experience with Electronic Medical Records.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with College Health, Urgent Care, GLBT community, Men’s Health.
- Experience with multi-cultural traditions and/or working knowledge of travel-related infectious diseases.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- Graduation from accredited medical school and successful completion of primary care residency.
- Must be board certified in a primary care specialty and maintain board certification throughout employment.
- License to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina, or be eligible for licensure.
- Current DEA license.
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
01/07/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide contact information for three professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
244030 - Student Health ServicesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.