DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery
Position #780402 – Requisition #19866
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.Program Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of a program, function or work unit, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes. These positions typically do not supervise others.The Practice Manager (Business Services Program Manager) is an exempt professional position. This position works for the Colorado Center for Transplantation Care, Research and Education (CCTCARE) within the Department of Surgery at the University of Colorado School of Medicine (SOM). The Practice Manager is responsible for decision-making, planning, organizing and managing the clinical and business activities pertaining to CCTCARE. The Practice Manager will work hand-in-hand with CCTCARE executive leadership to provide end-to-end project management of key innovation developments from ideation to implementation and measurement, and ultimately to commercialization. In addition, the Practice Manger will work closely with the CCTCARE executive leadership team to develop project plans for new innovation. This includes defining the problem/opportunity and the scope, objectives, deliverables, risk, strategies, timeline, budget, resources required, project team requirements, tasks and responsibilities. The Practice Manager will be responsible for: building strong partnerships; report management; meeting and coordinating the idea intake process; developing individual product status reports; the development, implementation and continuous refinement of the process in order to validate new innovative ideas including market analysis, competitive environment, and potential internal solutions to be leveraged; direct management and supervision of the staff that work at the CCTCARE; and ensuring compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures by overseeing the fiscal affairs, human resources, and day-to-day operations in support of the mission and goals for the Division, Department and School of Medicine.Duties and ResponsibilitiesFiscal Management
- Oversees fiscal activities of CCTCARE in conjunction with the Executive and Deputy Directors of the CCTCARE, the Executive Director of Transplant Services, the Vice Chair of Administration for the Department of Surgery and the centralized staff including, but not limited to:
- Working with the Medical and Surgical directors of the liver, kidney, pancreas, heart and lung Transplant Programs to develop operating and capital budgets
- Payroll administration for the SOM clinical staff
- Purchasing for the SOM clinics
- Working with the Executive and Deputy Directors to develop and implement methods, policies and practices to help achieve the overall financial goals of the Division
- The Practice Manager will work to improve analysis of clinical operations utilizing productivity, quality, outcome, faculty/staff/patient satisfaction and patient experience data in partnership with various business leaders within the CCTCARE, CU Medicine and UCH.
- Grant and clinical trial data tracking and assist with oversight of clinical, grant, and clinical trial budgets in conjunction with the Executive and Deputy Directors of the CCTCARE.
- Oversees, along with the centralized staff personnel, the post-award management of the CCTCARE’s grant and contract in conjunction with the Executive and Deputy Directors of the CCTCARE including, but not limited to, the following:
- Compliance with Federal, State, University and/or other granting agency rules and regulations.
- Coordinating with the internal and external entities that regulate and monitor research activities.
- Assist the CCTCARE’s centralized Grants Specialist and COMIRB personnel as necessary to ensure timely and accurate grants and contracts submissions.
- Assist with negotiation of all leases and contracts for the freestanding SOM clinics in partnership with the Division Administrative Director.
- Oversees the CCTCARE’s personnel matters including, but not limited to, the following:
- Position creation in the CU Medicine human resource systems
- Facilitation of employee recruitments
- Performance assessment and salary setting for SOM staff
- Employee development, orientation, and staff integration for SOM staff
- Employee development and management of the UCD and CU Medicine staff
- Council SOM staff members on matters of benefits, work issues, personal interrelations, grievances, and other matters within the workplace
- Projects and/or tasks as identified by the Executive and Deputy Directors of the CCTCARE
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $53,306 - $74,629. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, healthcare administration, public administration, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience with at least 1 year in a lead role demonstrating management of progressively more complex projects and initiatives.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of three years of progressive clinical management
- Experience in an academic medical center
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge, experience, and ability to manage complex information and computer systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students; experienced in the supervision of administrative and support personnel.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jan 7, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing